- Mobil’s robust portfolio of products will contribute significant benefits to Tata Hitachi’s heavy duty and off-highway applications
ExxonMobil Lubricants Pvt Ltd, a wholly-owned affiliate of ExxonMobil Corporation, today announced that it is now an authorized lubricants supplier of Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery (THCM) Company Pvt Ltd – an industry leader in construction equipment in India.
A wide range of ExxonMobil products such as hydraulic oils, engine oils, greases, gear oils and Universal Tractor Transmission Oil (UTTO) will be used by THCM across the latter’s fleet of construction machinery. Some of these products include:
- Engine oils: THCM has approved two high performance diesel engine oils – Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 and Mobil Delvac Super 1400. Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 is an extra high performance diesel engine oil that provides excellent lubrication for today’s diesel engines promoting extended engine life. As a result, this product meets or exceeds the specifications of virtually all major European and American engine manufacturers. This extra high performance has been proven in the field in a wide variety of industries, applications and mixed fleets. Mobil Delvac Super 1400 is a high performance diesel engine oil that provides proven protection of diesel engines operating in severe conditions for both on and off-highway applications and is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in a wide range of heavy-duty applications and operating environments found in the trucking, mining, construction, quarrying and agricultural industries.
- Gear oils: From the Mobilube series, THCM has approved industry leading gear oils Mobilube HD 80W-90 GL5 and Mobilube GX 80W-90 GL4. These high performance, heavy duty gear lubricants are formulated from high performance base oils and an advanced additive system. These lubricants are engineered for automotive applications including heavy duty axles and final drives where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected.
- Hydraulic oils: THCM has approved Mobil DTE 10 Excel 46. This high performance, anti-wear hydraulic oil provides outstanding hydraulic system efficiency, ultra keep clean performance and a high degree of fluid durability.
- Other products: The ExxonMobil and THCM partnership will also include Mobilfluid 424, an extra high performance multipurpose tractor lubricant engineered to meet or exceed transmission and hydraulic fluid requirements; and Mobilux EP2, a high performance industrial grease recommended for heavy-duty industrial applications.
Speaking on the new partnership with THCM, Mr Rupinder Paintal, General Manager, Original Equipment Manufacturer Business, ExxonMobil Lubricants Pvt. Ltd, said, “ExxonMobil enjoys an established legacy as a product technology leader with the highest level of expertise, working side-by-side with leading OEMs around the world. We are introducing oils for all aggregates, namely engine (various platforms like MHI, Cummins, Simpsons, etc.), hydraulic, axles and transmissions. These oils would be marketed as Mobil-branded oils. There is only one Mobil and this collaboration with THCM reaffirms Mobil’s commitment to work hand-in-hand with its partners, across industries.”
Mr Nilanjan Das, Additional General Manager, Customer Support, Tata Hitachi Construction Machinery, added, “For the past one year, the ExxonMobil team worked very closely with the THCM QA and Strategic Marketing teams to develop and validate suitable oils for our complete aggregate portfolio. These products meet the stringent demands of our range of off-highway equipment. We are happy to have invested into this partnership.”
In 2015, ExxonMobil marked the 90th anniversary of Mobil Delvac, one of the world’s first brands of diesel engine lubricants. Since its introduction in 1925, Mobil Delvac lubricant technology has been delivering excellent protection for diesel-powered commercial vehicles and equipment used in numerous on- and off-highway applications.
For ExxonMobil, innovation, technological leadership and application expertise lie at the core of the company’s products portfolio of advanced lubricants solutions for businesses across all sectors. The innovation in advanced lubricants technology adds value to customers’ businesses, helping them to advance their capabilities and stimulate growth. The new range designed and formulated for one of India’s leading construction equipment manufacturers, bears testimony to this commitment to innovation.
ExxonMobil, the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, and is one of the world’s largest integrated refiners, marketers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers. For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/exxonmobil.
© ExxonMobil, Mobil, Mobil 1, Mobil Super and Mobil Extra are trademarks of ExxonMobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Limited is a wholly-owned affiliate of ExxonMobil Corporation