- MercedesTrophy will be one of the first Hybrid–Physidigital comprehensive golf tournaments in India
- The physidigital experience will allow participants to compete virtually in real-time environment at world’s best golf courses through the TrackMan Simulator
- The regional rounds will be played on a simulator at dealerships and the winners will play in the National Final at a real Golf Course
- Winners will also represent in the World Final at Stuttgart competing with participants from across the globe. One lucky winner will also get to experience the ‘Drive to Major’.
- As a ‘pilot initiative’ the 20th edition in this innovative format will be hosted in four cities (Delhi, Mumbai, Pune & Bengaluru)
- The India leg of the global event would see participation from over 800 golfers over the span of 80 Golf days
- Participants can avail of expert advice from ‘Claude Harmon Performance Golf Academy’ who will provide customized golf video tips
- MercedesTrophy is India’s longest running amateur golf tournament
- Registration for the MercedesTrophy will be starting early next week.
Pune: India’s largestluxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz India, in another first-of-its kind initiative will tee off its flagship golf tournament–MercedesTrophyin a ‘physidigital’ format on 17th March, from Delhi. The country’s longest running and one of the top amateur golf tournaments now in its 20theditionwill be introduced inthis new physidigital format across India.
As a ‘pilot initiative’ the tournament will be hosted in four cities (Delhi, Mumbai, Pune& Bengaluru).This new format will allow participants to compete in the real-time environment @world’s best golf courses via TrackMan Simulator and provide valuable tips to the participants by the experts from the world’s best ‘Claude Harmon Performance Golf Academy’.
The new format promises to bring out the best of both worlds – physical and digital,keeping the customer as the center of innovation with the use best of technology resulting in an uncompromised and satisfying golf experience.
Speaking on the occasion, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “MercedesTrophy is a well-established sporting tournament globally and in India. With the 20th Edition, we are reimagining our customer experience in a unique and exclusive manner. We are thrilled to announce the comeback of the MercedesTrophy in a completely new and the innovative way. The consumer has been the center of our innovation and the new format is designed with the best of technology to give our patrons an uncompromised experience. We are confident that our patrons will certainly appreciate theindustry’s first physidigital format for the game.We would like to extend our gratitude towards our customers, who have made this tournament a successful sporting event of the country.”
On the sidelines of this tournament, the patron can book a test drive as per choice at the time of registration, while value added information will be imparted to the participants on the EQC fleet while some lucky walk-ins could stand a chance to win EQC over a weekend.