- Introduces 2 new multi day expeditions – Authentic – Myanmar – Thailand drive (a 12-day once-in-a-lifetime drive from Guwahati to Bangkok)
and One Lap of India (an epic 18-day drive covering India’s Golden Quadrilateral)
- Celebrates Mahindra’s overall outstanding performance at the Indian Rally Championship 2016
April 06, 2017, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today, unveiled the Mahindra Adventure Calendar for Season 7. A unique concept to showcase the tough and rugged DNA of Mahindra vehicles, Mahindra Adventure functions as an experiential umbrella brand with a series of adventure and motorsport events under it.
Mahindra Adventure continues to unleash its spirit of adventure through a series of events spread across the year;
- Great Escape– The popular off-roading event, continues to be the off-roaders’ choice, to test the endurance of Mahindra’s 4×4 vehicles on diverse terrains. We continue with the 10 locations across India where winners from these locations get to compete in the coveted Mahindra Off-Roading Trophy and have a shot at winning a brand new Mahindra Thar CRDe 4×4.
- New Multi-Day Escapes
- Authentic Myanmar Thailand Drive – A 12-day drive from Guwahati, India to Bangkok, Thailand via Myanmar. This expedition will take the participants to the best kept secret of the Far East where participants will start driving from Guwahati to Imphal and cross over and enter Myanmar. In Myanmar, the enchanting city of Mandalay followed by Bagan and Yangon will leave one breathless. After a stopover at Sukho Thai, the expedition will wind down at Bangkok. This event is planned in a way that provides ample time for participants to soak in the sights and sounds and also provide some phenomenal driving. The return leg traces its way back to Guwahati from Bangkok.
Leg 1- Guwahati> Kohima> Imphal> Kale> Bagan> Mandalay> Yangoon> Mae Sot> Sukho Thai> Bangkok
Leg 2- Bangkok> Sukho Thai> Chiang Mai> Mae Sot> Yangoon> Mandalay> Bagan> Kale> Imphal> Guwahatti
- One Lap of India– After the huge success of the Kashmir to Kanyakumari expedition in 2016, the bar is raised yet again by Mahindra Adventure with an 8000 km, 18-day expedition that follows the Golden Quadrilateral of India. The expedition will connect exotic landmarks on the way.
Delhi> Agra> Khajuraho> Lucknow> Bodh Gaya> Kolkata> Sundarbans> Puri> Vizag> Pondicherry> Bangalore> Shimoga> Goa> Guhagarh> Chota Rann> Mt Abu> Bikaner> Udaipur> Delhi.
This epic drive will give participants a chance to cover the Indian subcontinent in one go.
- Other Multi Day Expeditions like Monastery Escape (Leg 1; Delhi- Manali- Jispa- Tso Moriri- Leh- Nubra- Leh & Leg 2; Leh- Pangong Tso- Jispa- Kaza- Sangla- Shimla- Chandigarh, for 10 days each), Authentic North East (Guwahati- Dirang- Tawang- Kaziranga- Shillong- Guwahati for 10 days), Spiti Escape (Chandigarh – Narkanda – Nako – Kaza – Manali – Chandigarh) and Royal Escape (a 6-day Rajasthan drive covering Alsisar – Bikaner – Jaisalmer – Jaipur). In addition to these, Authentic Bhutan (a 7-day drive across Bhutan from Chalsa – Paro – Thimpu – Punakha – Chalsa) which was added last year will continue. These multi-day escapes celebrate Incredible India by traversing exotic and unexplored locations, thereby bringing the concept of ‘Adventure Driving Experience’ to a larger audience.
- Mahindra Challenges
- Club Challenge – An Off-Roading competition where the top 10 off-roading clubs from across the country, compete for off-road supremacy. After organizing the event in Goa for the last two years, this year the Club Challenge will be held in Kerala.
- Monsoon Challenge is a 3 day TSD (Time Speed Distance) rally keeping in tune with the company’s promise of providing adrenalin pumping challenges.
After a string of wins at various extreme motorsport rallies, the Super XUV500 proved its mettle yet again. Earlier this year, the FMSCI announced its annual motorsports award for Indian motorsport achievers where Mahindra Adventure bagged the award under the category ‘Indian National Rally Champion Team 2016’. Mahindra Adventure’s Super XUV 500 triumphed at the ‘Indian National Rally Championship 2016 Season’ winning 3 out of 5 rounds thus leading the overall team championship. The team received the award from Jean Todt, President of FIA (Le Federation Internationale de l’Automobile). Time and again our vehicles are proving their mettle against the competition and we are ready to continue the winning streak in the upcoming motorsport season this year.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “After the successful run of Mahindra Adventure Season 6, we are all geared up to unleash a series of Adventure initiatives throughout the year that promises even more thrills for the adrenaline seekers. With the addition of two exciting mega drives, the Authentic Myanmar Thailand drive and One Lap of India, we are now expanding into unchartered territories, thereby covering new locales. Further, we are confident that the Super XUV500 will continue on its winning streak by making and breaking records at the Indian National Rally Championship.”
Mahindra Adventure will also continue to promote the tough and rugged DNA of Mahindra through the Off-Road training provided at the Mahindra Off-Road Training Academy at Igatpuri. Batches will be held every month to impart knowledge on the basics of off-roading and also provide a hands on experience to Off-Road enthusiasts with advanced technical skills. With three levels of courses on offer, the Off-Road Academy has something for everyone.
The Mahindra Group is a USD 17.8 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It has a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in aerospace, agri-business, components, commercial vehicles, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, steel, and two wheelers. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 200,000 people across 100 countries.