· Becomes the first OEM in India with complete contactless and paperless aftersales process
· Launches ‘Advanced Pick and Drop’ service with contactless vehicle pick-up and drop with live vehicle movement tracking and ‘My Convenience’ service initiative to offer a personalised vehicle service needs
(New Delhi) November 12, 2020: Extending its safety and convenience commitment, this Diwali, Kia Motors India, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kia Motors Corporation, is promising its customers a complete contactless, paperless aftersales and personalized vehicle service ownership experience. This entails an ‘Advanced Pick and Drop’ programme, ensuring highest customer safety with a no contact pick-up and drop service and live vehicle tracking in a completely paperless process. Aimed at offering an exceptional ownership experience, Kia Motors India is also launching a new ‘My Convenience’ service initiative, which offers personalized vehicle maintenance to its customers. With both these initiatives, the company aims to redefine the after-sales experience by personalizing and digitizing the service process to facilitate an enhanced user experience. These customer-centric ownership experience initiatives reiterate the brand’s aftersales identity of ‘Promise to Care’ offering a seamless and hassle-free ownership experience.
Commenting on the latest aftersales initiatives, Mr Tae-Jin Park, Executive Director and Chief Sales Officer said, “In this unprecedented time, customer safety is an utmost priority and we are proud to be the first OEM in India to introduce a complete contactless, paperless aftersales process. This Diwali, given our customer-centricity, we wanted to gift our customers a contactless, safe aftersales experience while addressing the current market gap. The newly launched ‘My Convenience’ initiative is a testament to this fact, which not only offers quality service but also a personalized vehicle maintenance program to our patrons. With these initiatives, we reaffirm our commitment to offering the best products and services to our discerning Indian customers.”
Advanced Pick and Drop programme:
Inspired by South Korea’s concept of ‘Untact’ which means ‘without direct contact’, the programme makes the entire aftersales process contactless including the vehicle pick-up and drop service as well. The initiative is aimed towards rendering the services without any in-person contact, ensuring utmost safety and hygiene for customers. With this initiative, Kia Motors India becomes the first car manufacturer in the country to offer a complete contactless aftersales process. The key differentiators of the initiative are:
· Drivers to use Protective seat cover, Protection Kit
· Relevant documents like company ID and Visiting card of the driver to be shared with customers prior to pick-up
· Pick and drop process to be carried through app-based paperless service
· SMS alerts to customers at various stages
· Map-based live vehicle tracking for customers on their mobile phone for every scheduled vehicle pick-up or drop
In an attempt to personalise the vehicle servicing process for its customers, Kia Motors India introduces an innovative service program ‘My Convenience’ under the aftersales identity of ‘Promise to Care’. The initiative enables the customers to personalise their servicing packages according to their needs. In addition to this, the initiative also offers inflation protection, the highest level of transparency and flexibility to our patrons. While availing of this service, the customer makes two choices, the first being the Pre-Paid Maintenance (PPM) and the second is the Care Pack (Car Care Services) as per specific requirements.
1. Pre-Paid Maintenance (PPM): The PPM gives coverage of Kia Genuine Parts, Oils & Labour services as per recommended periodic maintenance schedule and is based on the years and mileage coverage of the car. The customers also get complimentary services like Wheel Alignment, Balancing and Tyre Rotation once in a year based on their package choice. While availing the package, customers get upfront savings & price protection from inflation. The PPM comes in four packages to choose from:
a. 2 Years / 20,000 Kms
b. 3 Years / 30,000 Kms
c. 4 Years / 40,000 Kms
d. 5 Years / 50,000 Kms
2. Care Pack (Care Care Services): The other component of the ‘My Convenience’ service initiative is the Care Pack which is aimed to cater to the personalised needs of the customers. The customer needs to choose one out of the four unique packages of Car Pack – Preventive Care, Fresh Care, and AC Care & Hygiene Care. Each package consists of two services that customers can avail once in their service duration. The Car Care Services covered under each pack are:
|· Underbody Coating||· Interior Enrichment||· AC Evaporator Cleaning||· Fumigation|
|· Rodent Repellent||· Exterior Enrichment||· AC Disinfectant||· Carbon Air Filter|
In addition to this, the customer also gets a complimentary alloy/wheel care service and an additional 10% discount for the other car care services if availed during the program duration. To avail the program, customers can follow a simple 5 step process at Kia outlets both at the time of Sales & Service while the purchase window for customers to avail the program is anytime up to 1 year/10,000 Kms of any Kia vehicle.
About Kia Motors India (KMI)
In April 2017, Kia Motors signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the State Government of Andhra Pradesh, India, to build a new manufacturing facility in Anantapur District and completed and commenced the mass production in August 2019. The manufacturing facility has an annual production capacity of approximately 300,000 units. Kia Motors India has launched three vehicles for the Indian market – The Seltos, The Carnival and The Sonet and has made a mark in India with product and service quality and reliability. The Seltos, establishing itself as a trusted product by brand Kia, has crossed 100,000 sales milestone in just one year of its sales period. Kia Motors is globally known to make quality vehicles which address the gaps in the automotive market and Seltos too have won many accolades in India. Tasting initial success, third product of Kia Motors India the Sonet has secured 6523 bookings on the first day of commencement of pre-bookings. In April 2020, Kia’s two global products Telluride and Soul EV have bagged world’s most prestigious automotive awards – The World Car of the Year and The Urban Car of the Year respectively at the WCOTY 2020. Kia Motors India has a widespread network of 265 customer touchpoints, in 160 cities across Tier 1, 2 and 3 cities in India.
About Kia Motors Corporation
Kia Motors (www.kia.com) is a maker of world-class quality vehicles for the young-at-heart. Founded in 1944, Kia today sells around 3 million vehicles a year in over 190 countries, with 52,000 employees worldwide, annual revenues of over KRW 58 trillion (about US$50 billion) and manufacturing facilities in six countries. Kia is spearheading the transition to electric vehicles and pursuing mobility services to help tackle urban challenges around the world. The company’s brand slogan – “The Power to Surprise” – represents Kia’s global commitment to surprise the world with exciting, inspiring experiences that go beyond expectations.