- Strengthens market leadership -> overwhelming 33% market share in Punjab!
- Honda is the growth driver of industry -> Honda grows by 27% (50% faster than 2W industry growth in Punjab) and gains 2% market share in the State
- Scooters are fast becoming 1st choice of Punjab -> 46% of all two-wheelers sold in the State are scooters
- Honda leads scooterization-> With 64% market share in automatic scooters, nearly 2 out of every 3 scooter customers buy a Honda scooter in Punjab!
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) – the No. 1 selling two-wheeler brand in Punjab is now created a new milestone.
Honda 2Wheelers is the first two-wheeler brand in the State to cross 50,000 unit sales (50,381) in just 3 months as per latest sales figures provided by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) for the first quarter of FY’2016-17.
On achieving the fete, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India, said, “Be it crossing 50,000 unit mark in 3 months or Activa becoming No. 1 selling two-wheeler in Punjab, Honda’s success story is a result of growing customer trust on the brand. The way people commute in Punjab is fast changing and automatic scooters are becoming No. 1 choice of Punjab. We are delighted that 2 of every 3 customers are buying Honda’s automatic scooter for their daily commuting. This festival too, led by auspicious buying, Honda is progressing towards a bumper October sales in Punjab.”
Honda is the No. 1 choice in Punjab
Honda continued to strengthen its leadership in Punjab. Growing at a healthy 27% (50% faster than the 18% two-wheeler industry growth in Punjab), Honda sold a total of 50,381 two-wheelers during April to June 2016 as compared to 39,689 units sold in same period of previous year.
Growing faster than the industry, Honda also increased its market leadership in Punjab and saw its market share increase by 2% points to 33%.
Punjab now prefers scooters like never before!
Honda leads the scooterization of Punjab 2Wheeler industry. Today, 46% of all two-wheelers sold in Punjab are automatic scooters which is much more than the all India average of 30%.
Interestingly, with a 64% market share in automatic scooters, nearly 2 out of every 3 customers are now buying a Honda scooter in Punjab! Honda’s undisputed leadership in automatic scooter segment is evident as Honda’s scooter sell 4 times that of the nearest competitor.
Festive plans of Honda
The positivity in the economy led by 7th Central Pay Commission, One Rank One Pension (OROP) disbursements and favourable monsoon has translated to a robust return of demand for two-wheeler in Punjab ahead of festivals. And to make this festive time more joyful, Honda 2Wheelers India has announced various benefits to its valued customers till October 31, 2016. These include:
- Rs 2,000 direct cash benefit to Central Government employees and PSU employees
- Limited period exchange bonus of Rs 1,500 available only at Honda’s pre-owned Best Deal outlets across Punjab
- Lowest in industry interest rates arrived with preferred finance partners, resulting in most affordable finance available only to Honda 2Wheeler customers
- Adequate stock of all Honda models for first time in this festive season right up to last mile rural network so that customers can readily buy their Honda 2Wheeler anytime in this festive season