The Honda BR-V Prototype officially made its world debut at the GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) 2015. This new generation crossover utility vehicle features the combination of an SUV appearance and handling and great utility and the spacious cabin of an MPV. Powered by a 1.5 liter i-VTEC engine with either a new 6-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT), it enhances both driving performance and fuel economy. The much-awaited Honda BR-V is scheduled to be marketed first in Indonesia in early 2016, followed by other countries.
The World Premiere of the Honda BR-V Prototype was presented at the Honda Booth by Noriaki Abe, Chief Operating Officer for Regional Operation (Asia and Oceania) of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., together with Kusnade Budiman, President Comissioner of PT Honda Prospect Motor (HPM), and Tomoki Uchida, President Director of PT Honda Prospect Motor.
“Honda started business in Indonesia in 1971, and the importance of this country for Honda’s auto business has been increasing year by year,” Abe mentioned in his remarks. “With the all-new 7-seat BR-V and the rest of the Honda line-up, we will continue to offer exciting products and the joy of driving to our customers in Indonesia.”
Meanwhile, Uchida said, “Honda BR-V was developed to fulfill the needs of Indonesian customers. We believe Honda BR-V will be greatly received by customers in Indonesia and become the main attraction in this year’s motor show.”
Honda BR-V will be marketed in Indonesia with a price range from Rp. 230 to 265 million, and the booking will start from GIIAS onward. The production of Honda BR-V will start at HPM’s Karawang factory in January 2016.
< Key Features of All-New BR-V >
- High ground clearance
- Big roof rails for all grades
- LED connected tail light design in C-character
- New 16 inch aluminum wheels
- Class-leading spacious and comfortable cabin with additional knee room and head room
- Advanced features such as Multi-Information Display
- Rear air conditioner between the first and second row seats to expand air flow to all areas
Engine and Transmission
- 4-Cylinder 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine
- 120 horsepower @ 6,600 rpm and maximum torque of 145 Nm @ 4,600 rpm.
- New 6-speed Manual Transmission
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) under Honda’s “Earth Dreams Technology”
- Dual and Front SRS airbag
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Front 3-Point Load Limiters with Pretensioner ELR Seat Belt and ISOFIX
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.