- Becomes Fastest Indian motorcycle to complete East to West India Motorcycle Expedition
- Tezu, Arunachal Pradesh to Koteshwar, Gujarat, a distance of 3,706kms covered in just 85 hours
February 8, 2017, Mumbai: Mahindra Two Wheelers’ flagship 300cc tourer, the MOJO, has once again set new benchmarks by entering the Indian Book of Records, a collection of national records. The new benchmark resulted as the MOJO crossed from East to West India in the fastest time ever set by a motorcycle expedition.
The expedition, undertaken by two MOJO owners and long-time riding partners Sudeep NS and Yogesh Chavan, flagged off from Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh and ended at Koteshwar in Gujarat, covering a total distance of 3,706 km in just 85 hours.
The previous benchmark set by a motorcycle expedition covering a similar distance was 107 hours.
Sudeep and Yogesh’s landmark expedition was years in the planning. But it was finally when they bought their MOJO’s that it became possible. The bike, a proper touring machine with its stability, comfort and safety, gave them the confidence to pull it off. They were left impressed with the way it tackled challenges posed by such a grueling ride.
Naveen Malhotra, Sr. General Manager – Sales, Marketing & Product Planning, Mahindra Two Wheelers Ltd said, “The MOJO has proved its mettle yet again. Sudeep and Yogesh’s feat is an unprecedented achievement. The MOJO with its tour inclined DNA and state-of-the-art engine makes it an ideal bike to overcome long distances.”
“I have been riding for several years now and have ridden many different bikes. But the MOJO clearly stands out for its comfort, ease of riding and the confidence it inspires from a rider. That made the MOJO the obvious choice for our expedition” said Yogesh Chavan.
His riding partner Sudeep NS said, “If you’re a rider keen to ride far and wide to unexplored places in your search for new stories and experiences, I can recommend no better bike than the MOJO.”
MOJO was one of the most well received motorcycles of 2015 – 2016 with critics and audiences conferring it 8 awards.
The awards won by Mahindra MOJO include:
- “Readers Choice Bike of the Year” at the Zigwheels Awards 2015
- “Motorcycle of the Year” at the Motorbeam Readers’ Choice Awards 2016
- “Bike of the Year: Jury Award” at the BikeDekho.com Awards 2016
- “Surprise package of the Year” at the 8th BBC Top Gear Magazine Awards 2015
- “Tourer Bike of the Year” at the Gaadiwaadi Readers’ Choice Awards 2016
- “Mid Segment Sports Bike of Year” at the Flywheel Auto Awards 2016
- “Value for Money Bike of the Year” at the Bike India Awards 2016
- “India Design Mark (IMARK)” award by the India Design Council in recognition of good design & product excellence in 2016