- Poised to create new a benchmark in the pick up segment with its stylish SUV looks, superior performance and car like comforts
- Competitively priced, starts at Rs 6.25 lakhs (ex showroom Thane, for Single Cabin BS3 variant), to be available across Mahindra dealerships throughout India, with immediate effect
The premium pick up, Imperio comes with:
- Stylish looks and SUV stance with a distinctive front grille, 16 inch (40.64 cm) radial tyres, next generation headlamps, aggressive bumpers, seamlessly integrated cargo box and trendy metallic colours, all adding to the vehicle’s strong road presence
- Plush car-like interiors for a premium ride experience, with stylish modern dashboard, spacious cabin, ergonomically designed car-like seats, air conditioner with 4 step blower for added comfort
- Enhanced driving experience with smooth ride and handling, refined gear shift, tiltable power steering, HVAC, lower turning radius and low NVH for utmost driving comfort and convenience
- Superior performance and load carrying capacity with a 2.5 litre DI engine with Common Rail Technology, 75 HP (56 kW) power, 220 Nm torque (pulling power), 1240 KG payload and 13.55 KMPL mileage and an aerodynamically designed body
- Advanced technology features such as Fuel Smart technology to choose between power and fuel economy, brakes with LSPV for effective braking with least effort and telematics compatibility
- Great Peace of mind for the customer through:
- Best in class safety with engine immobilizer thereby minimizing the chance of theft, ELR seat belts for safety of driver and passenger
- Offers Class leading warranty of 3 years/ 1lakh km (whichever is earlier) as a standard
- To be available in two model variants of Single Cabin and Double Cabin and in 3 exciting colours of Lava Red, Verve Blue and Arctic White
- Best suited for the captive segment of customers – the SMEs, traders, businessmen & contractors alike who need vehicle for movement of goods for their own business requirement and for them this is also a reflection of their business success with pride of ownership
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., a part of the US $16.9 billion Mahindra Group and a leader in small commercial vehicles segment, today announced the launch of Imperio, its premium, aspirational pick up. Developed to cater to the small and medium businesses transportation needs, the Imperio is expected to enhance the face of the pick-up segment in India with its stylish futuristic design, premium interiors, superior performance and enhanced driving experience. The Imperio is competitively priced at Rs. 6.25 lakhs (ex-showroom Thane, for Single cabin BS3 variant).
The Imperio has a sculpted aerodynamically designed exterior look with a distinctive front grille, next gen headlamps, stylish bumper, 16 inch (40.64 cm) radial tubeless tyres and metallic colours, lending it premium style, SUV stance and a bold road presence. It comes with an overall build and finish, unseen amongst commercial vehicles in India. Further, some class-leading technology features such as Fuel Smart technology, independent front suspension for a fatigue-free drive, brake with LSPV, follow-me-home lights, keyless entry, telematics compatibility and plush interiors with stylish new age dashboard, spacious cabin, 2 din music system, power windows, ergonomically designed car-like seats, HVAC with 4 step blower for added comfort, are amongst other additions that redefine the premium feel. Below the hood of next generation styling and premium feel of the Imperio is its power -acked performance by Direct Injection engine with Common Rail Technology with superior load carrying capacity of 1240 kg. The engine delivers 75 HP power (56 kW), 220 Nm torque (pulling power) and mileage of 13.55km/l.
The Imperio is unmatched in terms of its head-turning style, performance, best in class safety and comfort features thereby providing an enhanced driving experience to customers. With a host of first in class features the Imperio scores highly over its nearest competitors and is all set to take pick up segment to newer heights.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., said, “In keeping with our endeavour of offering first of its kind world class products, we have launched the Imperio today which lays a strong foundation for an entirely new generation of pickups. Being a market leader in the pick up segment we identified need gaps to further consolidate our presence in the SCV segment. A result of extensive consumer insight, Imperio reflects the changing attitudes and aspirations of the commercial vehicle buyer, who chooses utility with style. A true ‘Make-in-India’ vehicle, I am confident that together with being a game changer, the Imperio will go a long way in helping our customers to prosper and Rise. “
To be rolled out from Mahindra’s state of the art Chakan plant, the Imperio comes with a class-leading warranty of 3 years/1 lakh km (whichever is earlier). It will be available in four variants, two single-cabin options (SC, SC-VX) and two double-cabin options (DC, DC-VX) and in 3 exciting metallic colours of Lava Red, Verve Blue and Arctic White. Imperio has undergone rigorous test runs and has been validated on all performance, safety and reliability parameters. The vehicle is supported by Mahindra’s service network, which is one of the largest and spread across the country.
Key Features of Imperio
Stylish, Premium Exterior
The exterior of the Imperio has the cues of an SUV, with its muscular body, sculpted aerodynamic design, 16 inch (40.64 cm) radial tyres, distinctive front-grille, futuristic headlamps, imposing bumpers and the overall aggressive stance. The cargo box seamlessly meshes with the cabin, further enhancing the Imperio’s looks.
Car like Comfort and Features
When it comes to comfort there is no compromise. With its plush interiors, SUV-like seating in a spacious, ergonomically designed cabin, the Imperio offers ample leg and headroom. The Imperio Double Cabin takes the luxury quotient a notch higher. The front seats are bucket seats with recliner and slider arrangement to make the journey more pleasant while the 2nd row has fixed bench seats with nap-rest. The Imperio also features air conditioning with four-step blower for added comfort, 2 din music system for entertainment on the go, ORVMs, central locking and keyless entry for hassle free operations. The lower NVH level acts as a boon. Other features in the interior that add to the convenience are utility box for easy access to utilities while driving, door trims with map pocket & bottle holders, as well as wallet and mobile cases. The Imperio with its superior cabin design, chassis and proven aggregates of Engine and Transmission, delivers car like comfort and space.
Powered by a 2.5 litre 4-cylinder engine with common rail technology, the Imperio offers 75 horsepower and a 220 Nm of torque for better acceleration even while hauling its maximum payload of 1,240 kilograms. On other performance parameters such as speed, stability and mileage it scores over competition. With a higher speed of 120kmph speed it can make more number of trips thereby increasing the earning potential, while a mileage of 13.55 km/l will offer more savings per trip. Further, the aerodynamically designed body offers higher stability. Additionally, for peace of mind the Imperio comes with an exceptional warranty of 3 years/1 lakh kms (whichever is earlier). All these will help in aspects such as carrying higher load effortlessly, lowering the fuel cost and enabling a faster turn-around time for the customer thereby improving his earnings.
The Imperio comes with Fuel Smart technology that enables one to choose between power and fuel economy, independent front suspension for comfortable and fatigue-free long drives, brake with LSPV for effective braking with least effort, and other additional features such as ORVMs, follow-me-home lights, keyless entry and telematics compatibility that also take the vehicle’s premium quotient a notch higher.
Enhanced Driving Experience
With smooth ride and handling, 5 gear transmission with SUV like refined and precise gear shift, lower turning radius for easy manoeuvring, low NVH levels, tiltable power steering and HVAC, the Imperio offers an enhanced driving experience.
Best in Class Safety
Safety has played a key part in the overall design of the Imperio. ELR seatbelts allow freedom of movement yet locks the belt effectively in case of an impact. It also has head restraints as additional safety feature. It also offers child safety lock in rear door of double cabin variant to prevent accidental opening of the doors when the vehicle is in motion. The Imperio also features Engine Immobiliser technology, preventing the engine from being started by any other key, minimising chances of theft. Further, the Imperio comes with brakes with load-sensing proportioning valves, allowing greater braking with the least effort, and the stability of a 16 inches tubeless radial tyres. Every Imperio has passed with high margins the regulatory requirement like survival space assessment, interior impact & seat & belt anchorages.