- Land Rover introduces a new 2.0L petrol derivative of Discovery Sport in India
- Discovery Sport is Land Rover’s most versatile premium SUV withoptional 5+2 seats
- The new petrol derivative is powered by a 2.0L, 177 kW engine and available in the HSE Trim
- The DiscoverySport Petrol HSE derivative boasts of an efficient 9-Speed Automatic Transmission with Rotary Drive Selector, Terrain Response®, Panoramic Sunroof, Grained Leather seats, Rear View Camera, Park Assist among many other exciting features
- Both diesel and petrol derivatives of theDiscovery Sport will be available for sale at all 23 authorised retail outlets
Jaguar Land Rover India today announced launch of the 2.0 litre petrol derivative of the Land Rover Discovery Sport in India at an attractive starting price of INR 56.50 Lacs, ex-showroom, Delhi. Available in HSE Trim, the new derivative is powered by a 2.0L petrol engine that delivers a power output of 177 kW. This is in addition to the 2.2L TD4 & SD4 diesel derivatives already on sale in India since September 2015.
Rohit Suri, President, Jaguar Land Rover India Ltd (JLRIL), said:
“We are excited to introduce the petrol derivative of the Land Rover Discovery Sport. This will help us broaden the appeal of this fabulous premium versatile SUV for customers who are more inclined towards driving a vehicle with a powerful petrol engine at its heart along with Land Rover’s legendary off-road capability and reliability – a perfect combination of performance, capability and composure. ”
Introduced with a 5+2 seating option, new Discovery Sport offers exemplary levels of comfort and outstanding versatility. This has contributed immensely to its growing popularity in India. An array of features distinguishes the New Discovery Sport. These include Land Rover’s trade mark “All Terrain Capability”, Hill Descent Control (HDC), Roll Stability Control (RSC), Electronic Traction Control (ETC), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Command Driving position, Adaptive Xenon Headlamps, Panoramic Sunroof, multiple USB charging points etc. It also features a remarkable Park Assist feature, which helps in parallel parking and Park Exit &Perpendicular Park which are hugely popular with many Discovery Sport customers.
Land Rover Product Portfolio in India:
The Land Rover range in India includes the flagship Range Rover (starting at INR 211.5 Lacs in CBU form), Range Rover Sport (starting at INR 118.3 Lacs in CBU form), New Discovery Sport (starting at INR 47.6 Lacs) and Model Year 16 New Range Rover Evoque (starting at INR 48.60 Lacs). All prices mentioned are ex-Delhi.
Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Network in India:
Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles are available in India through 23 authorised outlets in Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Karnal, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Raipur.