Exclusive Road Safety skill up training provided to soldiers
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) today successfully completed a two day ‘Mega Safety Riding Program’ for the soldiers of 261 Artillery Brigade along with their family members at the Army Parade Ground, Delhi Cantonment Area. The two day intensive awareness and training program was inaugurated on 10th November in the august presence of Mr. G Srinivas, Commander 261 Artillery Brigade and Mr. Manmohan Thakur, Second-in Command, 307 Medium Regiment along with other army officials.
The exclusive skill up training session saw participation from a select batch of soldiers. These specially trained soldiers will further spread the road safety skills amongst their peer soldiers in various groups and execute its effectiveness in their specific work areas.
The skill up training exercise emphasises Honda’s commitment towards the society. Honda is actively involved with road safety education across the country. The program also offered several “save smart measures” to deal with hazardous traffic situations.
Key highlights of activities at Honda Mega Safety Riding Program – Delhi Cantonment Area:
- Exclusive Road Safety skill up training for soldiers of 261 Artillery Brigade
- Interactive road safety training sessions imparted to soldiers of 261 Artillery Brigade along with their family members.
- Female Safety Riding a dedicated task force of women safety instructors trained women on how to become independent riders in just 4 hours.
- Honda’s Proprietary riding trainers helped people experience over 100 possible dangers on road. The virtual experience significantly increases rider’s ability to predict & react to traffic hazards.
- Road safety activities for kids including the primary kids and CRF 50 activity was organised
The program received an overwhelming response with more than 500 participants which included soldiers and their family members. Winners of the Road Safety skill up training program were felicitated with exclusive Honda merchandise.
Excerpts from the company:
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Y.S. Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd., said “Enhancing safety on the roads is of paramount importance for us. As a responsible corporate, we are committed towards promoting road safety awareness amongst citizens of the country and especially for our armed forces personnel who keep us safe by guarding our borders 24×7. This program is a small initiative towards meeting our objective of safer Indian roads and a token of appreciation towards our soldiers and their families.”
Road Safety commitment of Honda:
For Honda, road safety is a global priority since 1970. In India, Honda is promoting road safety awareness right from its inception in 2001. In our 15 years operations, we have educated more than 8 lakh people of all age groups on safe riding. HMSI has trained more than 3 lakh people at its ten traffic training parks across India. These include: Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeola (Nashik), Indore, two parks in Delhi and Ludhiana.