Registers Highest-Ever Fiscal Sales Of 6.66 Million Units
Commences The New Fiscal With Sufficient Stock Of Bs Iv-Compliant Vehicles To Meet The Market Demand
New Delhi, April 3, 2017 – Hero MotoCorp Ltd, the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, closed yet another fiscal year (FY ‘17) as the dominant market leader. Further consolidating its leadership position, Hero MotoCorp clocked its highest-ever sales in a financial year at 66,63,903 units, compared to 66,32,322 units it had sold in the previous fiscal (FY ‘16).
Sustaining a steady demand for its popular range of two-wheelers amidst a challenging economic and industry environment, Hero MotoCorp sold 609,951 units in March 2017. The company had sold 606,542 units in March 2016.
During the fiscal year, Hero MotoCorp created yet another significant industry benchmark by surpassing the landmark 6-lakh plus monthly sales on five occasions in a single year – March 2017 (609,951), October 2016 (663,153), September 2016 (674,961), August 2016 (616,424) and April 2016 (612,739).
Moving into the new Financial Year (2017-18), we are fully prepared with sufficient stock of BS IV-compliant vehicles to meet the market demand.
Highlights of the Year: (April’16-March’17):
|Global Foray||– Commenced operations in another significant market, Argentina – its 35th international market|
|New Product Introductions
|– Unveiled the New Glamour in Argentina – its first-ever Global Launch of a new product outside of India
– Launched the its completely in-house designed and developed motorcycles – Splendor iSmart 110 and Achiever 150 with i3S in the premium segment – in July 2016 and September 2016 respectively
|Strategic Sports Initiatives||– Became a ‘National Supporter’ for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 which will be held in October 6-28, 2017
– Appointed Argentine soccer legend Diego Simeone as Hero’s Brand Ambassador
– Forayed into motorsports rally racing with ‘Hero MotoSports Team Rally’ through strategic partnership with Speedbrain GmbH. The Team made an impressive debut at the Dakar 2017
– Association with Golf on the global stage further strengthened through association with the British Masters
– Extension of Title Sponsorship of Caribbean Premier League (CPL) for another three years
|– 70 million cumulative production mark crossed in September 2016. Hero continues to be the largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the world in terms of annual volumes by a single company for 16 consecutive years
– Highest-ever monthly sales of 674,961 achieved in September 2016
– Record retail sales registered during the festive period; 1 million sales mark crossed even before Dhanteras and Diwali
– Augmented leadership in the 125cc motorcycle segment with the ‘Glamour’ becoming the largest-selling 125cc motorcycle in the country