- Ford volunteers in India are among thousands taking part in community service projects around the world as part of Ford Global Caring Month, this September
- Commemorates eleven years of Ford Volunteer Corps with more than 45 community service efforts in the field of education, auto-safety, sustainability and humanitarian support
- Ford Motor Company Fund will contribute $700,000 to purchase supplies for volunteer projects around the world
The month of September will witness close to 14,000 dedicated men and women across Ford’s operations in India come together to celebrate the Global Month of Caring.
Spreading their volunteer work across 45 projects, Ford in India employees will contribute in areas of education, environmental sustainability, safety, health and humanitarian support, across Chennai, Sanand, Gurgaon, and Coimbatore.
Some of the key volunteer projects earmarked during the month of September include:
- Chennai – Inter School Sports Festival, Theme based Art Competition, Science Workshops, Donation of Computers and Bookshelves, Mentoring Sessions for school children, Auto Safety Workshops with corporates and universities, Donation Drive at old age homes, Tree Plantation, Mural Painting activity in schools, Cleanliness Drive in NH45
- Sanand – Green marathon, Auto safety workshops in Colleges, Talent competitions in schools, Learning kits distribution, Theme based art competitions, Sapling Plantation, Infrastructure Refurbishment in schools etc.
- Gurgaon –Sapling Plantation in schools and community areas, Donation Drive at old age homes and shelters for underprivileged women, Traffic Awareness drive, Cleanliness Drive, Theme based Art Competition, Sports Fest, Mural Painting activity in schools etc.
- Coimbatore – Tree plantation in community parks, cleanliness drive in community areas,
“Ford’s commitment to India is not just business centric. At the heart of our business plans are people, and communities”, said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director, Sales and Marketing, Ford India. “It is great to see that during the entire month of September, Ford employees will embrace the company’s legacy of caring for and giving back to the community.”
Global Caring Month is the annual signature event of the Ford Volunteer Corps. Since its launch in 2005, Ford Volunteer Corps members have contributed more than one million hours of community service in 48 countries, representing $29 million of in-kind community investments.
Globally, Ford volunteers from more than three dozen countries have signed up for community projects this year, including a growing number of emerging markets from Cambodia and Malaysia to Guam and Samoa.
Ford Fund has also been increasing its financial contributions to non-profit agencies during Ford Global Caring Month. Grants totaling $700,000 will be used to purchase tools and other supplies needed to complete many of this month’s community service projects.