- Abarth Punto will be priced at ₹ 9.95 lakhs, ex showroom New Delhi
- This furiously fast hatch with class exclusive maximum power of 145 bhp, will rocket to 100 kmph in just 8.8 seconds
- FCA also unveiled and launched the Avventura powered by Abarth, churning out a whopping 140 bhp, making it the fastest super-hot cross in India
- Avventura powered by Abarth will be priced at ₹ 9.95 lakhs, ex showroom New Delhi
- Two new category defining models launched by FCA India keeping the festive season in mind
- Abarth Punto will be powered with a 4 L T-Jet engine generating an exhilarating 145 bhp of power, enabling the car to 100 kmph in just 8.8 seconds
- This uniquely positioned hatch comes with luxury features which are in line with the contemporary trend. To list some of the features:
- Electric Boot open
- Automatic air-conditioning
- Soft touch front dashboard
- Ambient light
- Rear AC vents
- Classy Infotainment system
- Foldable keys
- Follow me headlamps
- Colours available in:
- Abarth Punto – Hip-hop Black and Pearl White with sporty red highlights
- Avventura powered by Abarth – Pearl White and Exotica Red with “Powered by Abarth” badges on the rear doors
- The Avventura powered by Abarth will also sport the 1.4L T-Jet engine, generating 140 BHP of power, reaching the 100 kmph mark in just 9.9 seconds. The highest torque generated is 210 Nm@2000 – 4000 RPM. Equipped with a 5 speed manual transmission, this will be the fastest and the most powerful crossover bred in the country.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India today launched its much anticipated performance oriented and track inspired hot hatch, Abarth Punto. The 1.4L T-Jet Abarth engine produces a stunning 145 BHP of power, enabling the hatch to touch the 100 kmph mark in just 8.8 seconds. This is the first hatchback to break the 10 seconds barrier in the country. The sheer punch and performance of the car will raise up the adrenalin and excitement levels of the auto enthusiasts in the country.
FCA India also launched the all new Avventura powered by Abarth which has a 1.4 litre four-cylinder T-Jet engine, generating 140 BHP of power, sprinting to 100kmph in 9.9sec, making it the fastest cross in the country.
Speaking on the launch, Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. said, “We are delighted to roll-out the Abarth Punto which is a performance oriented hatchback. This indigenously designed hot hatch is crafted to rev-up the adrenalin of the racing enthusiasts by delivering exhilarating speed and stability at the same time. The Italian styling and design, stability at high speeds, lowered ground clearance and host of plush features makes the Abarth Punto the hottest and the fastest hatchback available in the country”
He further added, “We are also widening and strengthening our product portfolio by introducing another performance oriented vehicle from FCA’s stable. Avventura powered by Abarth will be the fastest crossover in the country. India is a strategic market for us and delivering world class products and services to our valued customers is an integral part of our commitment to the Indian market. We are confident that these two new category defining models from Fiat stable would catch the fancy of the car enthusiasts and perk up sales during the festive season.”
Performance that thrills:
The Abarth Punto with a sporty engine is designed to thrill and surprises one with its astounding performance. The 5-door hatchback is powered by a 1.4L T-Jet engine that oozes out a massive 145 BHP of power, speeding to 100 kmph in just 8.8 seconds. This is the first mainstream hatchback to break the 10 seconds barrier in the country. The engine comes mated with a 5 speed manual gearbox. The maximum torque generated is 212 Nm@2000 – 4000 RPM with the top speed estimated to be at 190 kmph. The Abarth Punto has also been provided with ABS and EBD which ensures stability at high speeds.
Italian design and race inspired exteriors:
The Abarth Punto carries the same dynamics and flair of the legendary Italian Abarth. The Abarth Punto has been lowered and the ground clearance has been kept at 155 mm. Abarth logos are strikingly visible at the front and rear of the car. This hot hatch will be available in two vibrant colours which are Hip-hop Black and Pearl White with sporty red highlights and racing embellishments.
In the Abarth Punto, a lot of chrome has been used in the front grill, fog and rear light housing, door handles and the exhaust tip. The car features large 16” alloy wheels which are designed like a scorpion, giving the car an impressive look.
The Abarth Punto hosts features like automatic air-conditioning, soft touch front dashboard, ambient light, rear AC vents and a classy infotainment system. The seats of the Abarth Punto are black in colour with nice red and yellow stitching that is in line with the Abarth colours and logo. The steering wheel holds the Abarth logo.
Where to find it?
The Abarth Punto and the Avventura powered by Abarth will be available in one variant across the country through a wide network of 100+ outlets.
The brand Abarth was introduced in India earlier this year by launching the sporty coupe, the Abarth 595 Competizione which made its way to the Indian shores through the CBU route.
Note to the Editors:
With over 65 years on from its origins Carlo Abarth’s vision to take modest everyday cars and achieve levels of performance that simply defied belief through the application of design and engineering excellence is more alive than ever. Through the combination of a legacy, engineering prowess, advanced modern design and the latest technology one is able to benefit from the perfect blend of prodigious power, superb handling and fuel efficiency, all wrapped up with the inherent sporting character of a marque with racing in its soul. Abarth has an astonishing legacy of 10 world records, 133 international records and over 10,000 track victories.
About Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) designs, engineers, manufactures, distributes and sells vehicles under the Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Ram, SRT brands as well as luxury cars under the Ferrari and Maserati brands. FCA also operates in the components sector, through Magneti Marelli and Teksid, and in the production systems sector, through Comau and in after-sales services and products under the Mopar brand name. In addition, the Group provides retail and dealer finance, leasing and rental services in support of the car business through subsidiaries, joint ventures and commercial agreements with specialized financing services providers.
FCA is an international auto group engaged in industrial activities in the automotive sector through companies located in 40 countries and has commercial relationships with customers in approximately 150 countries.