- To increase awareness about range of CEAT Tubeless Tyres
- The primary focus will be to highlight the benefits of Tubeless Tyres by showing the hazards of tubetype tyres through relevant consumer insight
Arriving at a brief to the Agency:
- Ceat typically is a brand built around on-road insights, be it the ‘idiots’ campaign or the more recent Irrfan Khan ‘superstitions’ one. The challenge was to find out an on road insight that would move bike riders from tube type to tubeless tyres.
- This challenge led us to do detailed consumer research to understand their issues with a typical tube type tyre. Two potential routes emerged, both of which were fed as briefs to the agency: one route was around the convenience, rather ‘inconvenience’ angle – tube type tyres = frequent punctures = immediate delay/spoilage of plans. The second route was an occurrence most dreaded by the biker – the dire consequence of a tyre (tube) burst. The second route, hence became one that kept safety at core.
- Also, in keeping with Ceat’s brand core, we had to showcase day-to- day incidents to tell the story which would also add an element of mass appeal to the TVC
- In tone, we had to lace the core message with a tinge of humor that has been the hallmark of CEAT ads recently
- The TV Campaign, set to hit in IPL, has two distinct TVCs showing the human nature of lying to hide their mistakes. At the same time, the campaign will also highlight how tubetype tyres are prone to accidents and these hassles that can be avoided due to the use of Tubeless Tyres
- The first TVC shows the wife applying first aid to her husband who claims to get into a fight for a good cause to while the truth is that a puncture in his tubetype tyre causes the accident. After a while, his son complains about the puncture he notices in the bike
- The second TVC shows a teenager lands up in a hospital where he is being treated by a cute nurse. The ad progresses integrating dual communication where the teenager lies about the accident to the nurse to impress her and avoid embarrassment while the visuals reveal the truth behind the incident.
Media: Televison, Digital, OOH etc
Quote from CEAT [Arnab Banerjee, ED-Operations, CEAT Limited]:
The tubeless tyre market for Motorcycle is poised for rapid growth given safety and convenience associated with Tubeless tyres. We see a strong fit of Tubeless proposition with the safety platform that CEAT consistently stands for. With bike manufacturers also starting to migrate to Tubeless across segments, we felt this was the right time to popularize our tubeless range through a dedicated TV campaign.
Quote from CEAT [Nitish Bajaj, VP, Marketing, CEAT Tyres]:
“We at CEAT believe in developing strong campaigns using consumer insights as a base is very important so that the product reaches to the right segment. With these two TVCs, we have tried to showcase our main objectives i.e. safety and necessity to upgrade from tube-type to tubeless tyres. With the ever increasing incidence of accidents plaguing the country, switching to tubeless tyres will help in controlling this number making Indian roads safer for two- wheelers. We are hopeful that this campaign will ensure that the entire potential of a growing market is tapped.’’
Quote from Agency- Ogilvy & Mather [Anup Chitnis, Executive Creative Director, South Asia]:
“The campaign insight came from a very real biker behavior. A fall from his bike hurts a biker deeper than any bruise on his body; it hurts his ego. And more often than not, it leads to dire consequences – he’s typically asked to forego riding the bike in future and travel by ‘safer’ alternatives, viz. a bus or an auto. For the younger lot, it’s the mother and for the middle aged men, it’s the wife who they dread the most after a fall. In fact, they’ll go out of their way to hide it, even make up stories. We brought alive two such relatable stories entertainingly.”
- Client: CEAT Tyres
- Creative Agency- Ogilvy & Mather
- Executive Creative Director: Anup Chitnis
- Senior Creative Director: Mangesh Someshwar
- Associate Creative Director – Kapil Ojha
- Creative Controller- Vidyanath P A
- Account Management: Harsh Bhatt (Vice President), Saurabh Acharekar (Account Director), Mihin Mehta (Account Supervisor)
- Production House: Chrome Pictures
- Director: Hemant Bhandari
- Producer: Abhishek Notani