- Over 1 million users expected to vote for their favourite 2015 models
CarDekho, India’s leading online automobile marketplace, announced the launch of the second edition of Accolade, its annual user generated awards for cars and bikes in India. The CarDekho Accolade programme, open for voting, will run till January 20, 2016. Winners will be announced on February 6 at the Auto Expo 2016. The last edition saw more than 3 lakh votes and the company expects to touch a million votes from users this year. Accolade 2015 has crossed 1.7 lakh votes from users within seven days of its launch.
CarDekho Accolade 2015 is a one-of-its-kind people’s choice award in the Indian auto space. Cars across 10 categories are vying for glory in Accolade 2015, while bikes are competing in 5 categories. Users have to vote via a dedicated microsite, http://awards.cardekho.com/.
List of categories:
● Budget Hatchback of the year
● Premium Hatchback of the year
● Luxury Hatchback of the year
● Sedan of the year
● Luxury Sedan of the year
● Compact SUV of the year
● MUV of the year
● SUV of the year
● Luxury UV of the year
● Sports & Performance Car of the year
Highlights of some manufacturers:
● Mercedes Benz and Maruti have maximum entries with cars ranging from Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, and Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS
● European car makers including Maserati, Ferrari and Porsche dominate the sports and performance car segment
● Utility vehicles segment is likely to see tough competition with 16 cars
Speaking on the launch, LK Gupta, CMO, CarDekho, said, “CarDekho stands for great auto content to help people choose a vehicle for their needs. It is only logical that awards for cars and bikes on CarDekho platform should be decided by consumers and not by an elite jury panel. CarDekho accolade is just such a platform.”
The nominations include new and facelifted cars and bikes from 2015 which were selected based on user’s response. Besides a consumer award, an award each for car and bike of the year will be judged by internal editorial team of experts.
Users voting for the event will have a chance to win spectacular prizes such as LED TV, smart phones and 100 shopping vouchers.
In order to make accolate 2015 a fair reflection of the actual consumer choices CarDekho has put in place OTP verification via email and mobile phone.