- Introducing the all-new 1200cc Thruxton R, with beautifully imposing and authentic Triumph modern classic sports styling and all the poise, performance, braking and handling to live up to its legendary name.
- Powered by the game-changing 1200cc ‘high power’ Thruxton spec. engine, with immediate and exciting power delivery, the instant throttle response of Triumph’s next generation ride-by-wire system and a truly thrilling exhaust note.
- With a dedicated chassis and fully uprated suspension for stunning handling and agility and a higher specification of equipment taking the ride to the next level.
- A striking and imposing evolution of the iconic Thruxton racer with the same ‘flat-on-the-tank’ ethos and streamlined sports silhouette. Crafted with styling cues from classic Thurxton’s of the late ’60s and featuring an incredible level of detailing, including a uniquely beautiful new Monza-style filler cap.
- Named after the legendary 500 mile Thruxton endurance race series and the Triumphs that dominated it, and which broke the first 100mph lap at the Isle of man TT, the Bonneville ‘Thruxton’ racers inspired a generation of teenage café racers and custom special builders.
- The Thruxton R is one of the three exciting motorcycles in the new Bonneville family available here in India – all with 100% authentic Bonneville character, truly modern capability and performance.
Out of all the members of the new Bonneville family, the new Triumph Thruxton R has the most to live up to. Its name is about as legendary as it gets, even for an icon like the Bonneville. Back in the 1960s and ’70s it was synonymous with Triumph’s racing success across the world and most notably at the Isle of Man TT, and it inspired a generation of teenage café racers and custom specials.
The all-new Thruxton R more than just look the part, it really delivers out on the road too. Returning the café racer to its heritage performance roots, with all the power, delivered by its 1200cc ‘Thruxton spec’ engine, and the handling, agility and capability to match its beautifully imposing and authentic styling. It is simply the most thrilling and full-blooded sports classic you can buy here in India. The Thruxton R is equipped with Brembo monobloc callipers, Showa big piston forks, Öhlins rear suspension and Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tyres.
Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles, India, said, “Its uncompromisingly elegant and imposing lines are perfectly matched by the quality of the design, detailing, power and performance, and the incorporation of contemporary technology into a ride that’s as poised as it is exhilarating. This combination of head-turning style, spine-tingling performance and unparalleled heritage and character is what makes the new Thurxton R the real deal as well as the ultimate modern classic café racers and something which will
enthral the riders here in India. The legend is back.”
The new Thruxton R is launched at INR 10,90,000 Ex-showroom Delhi.
The Bonneville range has been the motorcycle of choice by people across the globe from all walks of life; movie stars, musicians and the likes have chosen this motorcycle for its style, spirit and individuality making it the bike to be seen on. Some of the biggest names across the world ride Triumph motorcycles with great pride. Keeping alive the same tradition here in India, Triumph Motorcycles is proud to have eminent Bollywood actress, social activist & entrepreneur, Gul Panag as a Triumph Motorcycles customer. The well-known rider today added the very recently launched Triumph Bonneville T120 to her bevy of mean machines. Vimal Sumbly, Managing Director, Triumph Motorcycles India formally handed the keys of the new Bonneville T120 to Gul Panag at a gala event in Mumbai and welcomed her as a proud Triumph Motorcycles customer.
A visibly ecstatic Gul Panag said, “Owning a Bonneville T120 is like a dream come true. I have been part of the first preview of the new generation Bonneville motorcycles in London last year and set my eyes on it since then. It was love at first sight for me, and kept waiting till it hit the Indian shores.” “Being a passionate motorcyclist, I am glad to see that more and more people are getting into the world of riding. Riding a motorcycle gives us a sense of both adventure and freedom. Triumph Motorcycles, with its extra ordinary features, adds that fun element to riding; exactly what we look forward to,” she further added.