- Participation of 12 International Truck racers in Season 4, representing six teams, compete in the PRO CLASS CATEGORY
- FIA’s European Truck Racing Championship drivers to race in India for the very first time
- T1’s First woman truck racer, German Steffi Halm,
- Top 10 finalists of the T1 Racer Program, compete in the SUPER CLASS and CHAMPIONS CLASS CATEGORY
Greater Noida, March 18, 2017: Announcing the final line-up of Indian and International racers, Tata Motors is all set to return to the Buddh International Circuit with an action-packed Season 4 of the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship. This year will witness best of the best racers compete with each other, giving audiences a grand spectacle of T1 Prima Race Trucks battle it out, at the internationally acclaimed Buddh International Circuit.
The T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will see action in three categories –
- PRO CLASS – Comprising of Internationally acclaimed drivers with proven experience in the field of truck racing
- SUPER CLASS – Comprising of Indian race truck drivers selected through the T1 Racer Program
- CHAMPION CLASS – Season 4 will also feature the Indian top performing truck drivers from Season 3, who will partake in enhanced race training to push them to the next level of racing as they compete in their own class of race called the Champion Class
In its 4th edition, T1 is all set to see some more excitement with accomplished racers from FIA’s European Truck Racing Championship (ETRC) competing in the championship for the very first time. The ETRC will be represented by six racers from the rest of Europe, who will compete in the Pro class category alongside six British drivers from the British Truck Racing Association (BTRA), who have raced in T1 since the sporting event was first introduced in 2014.
India’s only truck racing championship is organised by Madras Motor Sports Club (MMSC), with safety and performance standards as per the guidelines of the British Truck Racing Association (BTRA). In Season 4, Tata Motors has also partnered with some of the country’s leading automotive brands. These are WABCO – Official Braking Technology Partner, JK Tyre – Official Tyre Partner, Castrol – Official Lubricant Partner, Cummins – Official Engine Technology Partner and Tata Technologies.
Conducted under the aegis of FIA & FMSCI, the T1 Prima Truck Racing Championship will feature Tata PRIMA race trucks, built for the purpose. A one-make championship, six teams will compete in the Pro Class category of the T1 PRIMA Truck Racing Championship.
The T1 Racer Program (TRP) is one of the country’s most comprehensive motorsports driver training and selection programs conceptualized and conducted by Tata Motors. The second edition of this program, TRP 2.0, received 3300 plus applications from all over the country. These applications have undergone an evaluation and selection process over a period of 2 months. Out of these 1000 applications, 10 shortlisted Indian truck drivers have made it in the Super Class category in Season 4 of the championship.