- Attractively priced at only INR 30,000 more than the 1 MT litre version
- The KWID AMT comes with a revolutionary first in segment SHIFT CONTROL AMT DIAL (R-N-D) instead of a conventional gearstick
- The revolutionary KWID with the convenience of automated gear shifting will give reason enough to #Live for More – Comfort, Style, Technology and Convenience
- The KWID AMT is powered by the 0L SMART CONTROL efficiency (SCe) engine offering a fuel efficiency of 24.04 kmpl
- Boasts of segment leading length, power to weight ratio, boot space, ground clearance and cutting edge technology
- Will be offered in the top-end RXT (O) variant at an introductory price of INR 4.25 Lakh (ex-Delhi)
- First-in-segment features: SUV inspired design, 7 inch touchscreen MediaNAV system, digital Instrument cluster, one-touch lane change indicator, radio speed dependent volume control, pro-sense seat belt pretensioners with load limiters
- Best-in-class features: Boot capacity of 300 litres, Ergo-smart cabin, multiple storage spaces, upper segment body dimensions, interior space, service parts maintenance cost, ride & handling, personalization options
Renault India, one of the fastest growing automotive brands in India, created history with its Global car for Conquest, Renault KWID. This Attractive, Innovative and Affordable car, is a true game-changer and volume driver for Renault India, selling over 1,00,000 cars since its launch about a year ago. Staying true to its commitment to keep building on the success of KWID with breakthrough product innovations, Renault launched the brand new KWID AMT today, at an affordable introductory price of only INR. 30,000 more than the KWID 1 MT litre version.
Speaking on the launch of KWID AMT, Sumit Sawhney, Country CEO and Managing Director, Renault India Operations, said, “Renault KWID has redefined the compact hatchback segment in India, becoming one of the highest selling cars across segments. Looking at evolving customer preferences, AMT technology is becoming popular in the compact hatchback segment and we are happy to build on our portfolio by launching the KWID AMT. Together with the convenience that the KWID AMT will offer, it will come with a revolutionary first in segment SHIFT CONTROL AMT DIAL (R-N-D) instead of a conventional gearstick and it will boast of the same class leading and segment redefining features that have made KWID a runaway success in India. With this launch, we look forward to welcoming more customers into the Renault family as we endeavour to aggressively build our presence in India.”
RENAULT KWID AMT: INNOVATIVE EASY- R AMT WITH SHIFT CONTROL DIAL
Based on the original philosophy of the Renault KWID– Attractive, Affordable and Innovative, Renault introduces the Renault KWID with the Easy-R Gear Box – an all-new 5-speed Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) technology derived from Renault’s rich and successful expertise in Formula 1.
Easy-R Gear Box: A clutch free driving experience that combines the fuel economy and performance of a manual transmission with the convenience of automated gear shifting. The Innovative Shift Control Dial with three modes Reverse – Neutral – Drive has been smartly designed for ease of use. An advanced control unit automatically optimizes gear shifting in accordance with driving conditions for smooth and regular acceleration to offer a comfortable and stress-free driving experience.
The Easy-R gear box can be operated with an innovative shift control dial that will be positioned below the infotainment system on the centre console. The car will have an advanced throttle control unit that would monitor the throttle input by optimising acceleration and gear shifting. Renault KWID’s SUV-inspired design offering a high driving position for greater visibility, state-of- the-art MediaNav multimedia & navigation system and the all new Easy-R Gear Box come together to offer an unmatched easy and stress-free driving experience.
POWERED BY THE NEW 1.0L SCe ENGINE:
KWID continues to have a large appeal to first time buyers, indicating that it is truly an aspirational product, offering an outstanding value proposition. The power of the Renault KWID AMT comes from a new one litre Smart Control Efficiency (SCe) engine with four valves per cylinder and Double Over Head Camshaft (DOHC) arrangement. It will deliver 68PS of maximum power and peak torque of 91Nm@4,250rpm, with excellent fuel efficiency of 24.04 kmpl*.
HIGH ON SAFETY
Safety is of paramount importance for Renault, and all its products meet and exceed the requisite safety standards set by the Indian regulatory authorities. Apart from several active and passive safety equipment, Renault KWID already comes equipped with a driver airbag. Taking safety to the next level, the KWID AMT offers first-in-class pro-sense seat-belt pretensioners with load limiters, an important safety feature that is usually offered in upper segment cars.
BUILDING ON THE SUCCESS AND LEGACY OF KWID
With KWID, Renault focused on getting the fundamentals right, in terms of product, design, features, technology, launch timing, value and strategy. KWID has been a true game changer in all these aspects and was launched at 98% localization, which was also an industry first, and also strongly resonates with the ‘Make in India’ vision. Owing to its high localization levels, Renault has been successful in offering a very low cost of ownership to customers.
“Our roadmap for India is very clear, with an immediate goal of achieving a market share of over 5 per cent. We will continue with our product offensive strategy in India, as is reinforced by the KWID AMT launch, to substantially grow the Renault brand in India. These efforts are matched by a clear strategy to enhance the customer brand experience, with several unique and pioneering initiatives already underway to ensure that customers’ have an unmatched and superlative association with the Renault brand,” concluded Mr. Sawhney.
The Renault KWID AMT will be available in the top-end RXT variant with five colour options- Fiery Red, Ice Cool White, Moon Light Silver, Outback Bronze and Planet Grey. Bookings have commenced across all Renault dealerships in India. Bookings can be made either at the dealerships or through the Renault KWID App, which could be easily downloaded from the Google Playstore or Apple Store
KWID AMT Specifications
|RENAULT KWID AMT|
|Engine capacity||1.0 litre|
|Configuration||3 cylinders, DOHC 4 valves per cylinder|
|Power||68 PS @5500 RPM|
|Torque||91Nm @ 4250 RPM|
|Tyre size||155/80 R13|
|Ground clearance||180 mm|
|Front suspension||Mac Pherson Strut with lower traversing link|
|Rear suspension||Twist beam suspension with coil spring|
|Boot volume||300 litres / 1115 litres when rear seats folded|
|Fuel tank volume||28 litre|
KWID AMT: BUILT WITH ATTRACTIVE, INNOVATIVE AND AFFORDABLE FEATURES
Unique SUV Design: The first car that stands ahead of its time with a unique SUV design, enhanced by the best-in-class ground clearance of 180 mm, an upright bold and structured front grille. The car has a powerful and significant road presence, with dual tone bumpers, stylish fog lamps and other distinctive design elements, including the new “C” shaped Renault lighting signature.
Big Car Styling: Boasts of an ensemble of the best features that embellish its style statement – these include best-in-class exterior dimensions for a big car feel and incredible interior space, class leading wheelbase of 2422 mm. It has the best-in-class boot space of 300 litres, extendable to 1115 litres, which offers superb flexibility & convenience.
Segment Leader in Features: Comes with a 7 inch touchscreen MediaNAV system, digital instrument cluster, remote keyless entry with central locking, one-touch lane change indicator, and front fog lamps for additional illumination and visual appeal.
Benchmark Ride & Handling: Offers high levels of comfort and control in all driving conditions, thanks to a finely tuned suspension set-up:
- Front: Mac Pherson strut with Lower Transverse link
- Rear: Twist beam suspension with coil spring
- Best-in-Class Ride Quality – like Duster
Ergonomics – Design Evolution:
- Ingenious comfort & convenience through best-in-class high seating position, more shoulder and elbow room, class leading rear knee room, and premium contoured seats.
- First in class touch screen media-nav system with an all new interface
- Bluetooth Connectivity – Hands-free phone & audio streaming
- Satellite Navigation – 2D/3D view with one year free map update
- iPhone and iPod™ operations – Charging through USB, Audio content display and navigation of iPod™ through MediaNAV, smart phone voice recognition (SIRI)
- USB, AUX-IN, SDVC – Audio playback through flash drive & phone and Speed Dependent Volume Control
- The digital instrument cluster features an onboard digital trip computer that highlights gear shift indicator, distance to empty average fuel consumption etc.
- Driver aid Equipment – One touch lane change indicator, intermittent windscreen wiper with tear drop wipe, Traffic message channel, Zone vigilance area warning, Traffic messages
Renault went a step further with the launch of a product in the small car segment that is attractive and innovative, yet affordable. Renault has made efforts to take the localisation level to 98%, which will positively influence the overall cost of ownership.
Thanks to aggressive localization and optimization, the car offers best-in-class maintenance part costs, which positively impacts the overall cost of ownership. Renault will offer a 50,000 km/2 years warranty policy, extendable up to 80,000 km/4 years. Renault will also offer complementary Road Side Assistance for 2 years.