- India is the first market to launch Honda WR-V globally
- First model developed by Honda R&D in India along with Honda R&D., Japan
- WR-V comes with a host of class leading premium features and best in class fuel efficiency
New Delhi, March 16, 2017: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of passenger cars in India, today introduced its much-anticipated new model, Honda WR-V. The WR-V is an all-new Sporty Lifestyle Vehicle based on Honda’s globally successful Jazz platform. It features a Sporty and Sophisticated exterior design, high quality spacious interiors with advanced equipment, top of the class fuel efficiency, powerful performance and full range of safety features.
WR-V is the first model developed by Honda R&D India along with Honda R&D, Japan, to match the needs and aspirations of young Indian customers who are looking for status, comfort and have an active lifestyle. The R&D in India has specifically worked on design & engineering concept suitable for right-hand drive and India-exclusive powertrains.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Noriake Abe, Chief Operating Officer, Regional Operations (Asia & Oceania), Honda Motor Co., Ltd. said, “The WR-V is an all-new premium model in the Honda family and features the brand’s global DNA. Based on Honda’s most successful platform world-wide, WR-V has the best of Honda technology and design. India is the first country to manufacture and launch the Honda WR-V in the world which is testimony to Honda Motor Company’s commitment to the Indian market.”
Speaking at the launch, Mr. Yoichiro Ueno, President and CEO, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, “The fast-evolving Indian market has shown strong demand for compact vehicles that are stylish, comfortable and have premium features. With the launch of the Honda WR-V, we would like to provide joy for recreational usage and comfortable driving for daily use in the city for customers in India. We are confident that WR-V will help us to fortify our premium image in all segments.”
“We are extremely thankful to our customers in India for their faith in the brand,” he added.
The WR-V has been developed under the concept of “Refresh for Urban India” which is built around 3 core concepts of Urban Active Lifestyle that is high seating stance & ground clearance, Smart Compact Exterior with Spacious Interior along with Versatility & Utility, Pleasurable high quality interior & class leading fuel efficiency.
The new WR-V has a striking road presence with bold looks. It has exclusive day-time-running LED DRL & position lamps and the front grill with solid wing face. All this accentuates its premium appeal with intense, sharp and stunning look. The large glass area offers excellent driver visiblity and sense of space for all occupants.
Key exterior features
|· Front Solid Wing Chrome Grille
· First-in-segment Electric Sunroof with One-Touch Open/Close Function with Auto Reverse
· R16 Alloy Wheel design with gunmetal finish
· Headlamp Integrated Signature LED DRLs & position lamps
· Premium Split Type Rear Combination Lamps
· Front Fog Lamps & LED High Mount Stop Lamp
|· Turn Indicator on ORVM
· Silver Finished Roof Rail Garnish
· Armor like protective body cladding with big tires
· High ground clearance
· Chrome door handles
The interior design concept of the new WR-V is “Novelty Urban” that expresses fun, youthfulness, and progressive feeling. The new WR-V comes with 2 interior color themes – Urban Casual: Black and Bluish grey seat fabric and Urban Sophisticated: Black & Silver seat fabric. Based on Honda’s Man Maximum Machine Minimum concept, the WR-V offers luxurious space, which is more than even cars in higher categories.
Key Interior design features
|· Advanced Multi-information Combination meter with LCD Display, Blue Backlight and silver finish
· Eco AssistTM Ambient Rings on Combimeter
· User-friendly smart interface for automatic climate control
· Sliver finished AC vents, door ornaments, dashboard ornaments
|Intelligent storage spaces
· Front Centre Armrest designed to fit Tablets and iPads USB plug and accessory socket
· Front console box with separate pocket
· 3 cup holders and 4 bottle holders
The WR-V adopts the best of Honda’s powertrains to achieve a perfect balance of performance and fuel economy.
|1.5L DOHC i-DTEC Diesel||6 MT||100PS@3600rpm||200NM@1750rpm||25.5 KMPL
Best in Segment
|1.2L SOHC i-VTEC
|5 MT||90PS@6000rpm||110NM@4800rpm||17.5 KMPL|
The 5-speed Manual Transmission of petrol WR-V is a newly developed transmission to maximize the performance of WR-V with the 1.2L i-VTEC engine.
KEY SPECIFICATION OF WR-V
|Length||Width||Height||Wheelbase||Ground Clearance||Boot space|
|3999 mm||1734 mm||1601 mm||255 mm||188 mm*||363 L|
*Minimum ground clearance mentioned is in unloaded condition
The suspension of WR-V has been designed to match the active lifestyle of the customers with greater roll stability and improved rigidity for better handling performance.
- Mac-Pherson strut front suspension.
- Twisted torsion beam rear suspension
Honda WR-V offers a host of Advanced Interior Equipment that offers information, entertainment and direction for the tech-savvy young Indian customer. Everything that the customer may need to stay connected with the outside world is just a touch away.
- 17.7cm Advanced Infotainment with audio , video and navigation system – Digipad
- In-built Satellite Linked Turn-by-turn Navigation
- My storage Internal Media Memory 1.5GB
- Mirror Link support for Smartphone Connectivity
- Internet access for Browsing, Email and Live Traffic via optional Wifi Receiver
- Voice Commands for Media, Navigation and Calling
- Smartphone Voice Assistant Activation
- Bluetooth for Handsfree Telephone and Audio Streaming Support
- AM/FM Digital Radio Tuner, MP3/WAV, i-Pod
- Micro SD Card Slots for Maps and Media (2 Nos.) & HDMI-IN port
- Steering mounted controls for HFT, Audio, Voice command and Cruise control
- Automatic Climate Control with Touch Control Panel
- One Push Start/Stop Button with white and red illumination (Exclusive for Diesel version only)
- Honda Smart Key System with Keyless Remote
- Cruise Control (Exclusive for Diesel version only)
- Front Centre Armrest with Storage Console
- Power Steering (EPS) – Tilt and Telescopic
WR-V is equipped with a wide range of Honda’s active and passive safety technologies, which are offered as standard equipment across all variants.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACETM) Body Structure
- Dual SRS front airbags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Impact mitigating front head rest
- Pedestrian injury mitigation technology
- Intelligent Pedal (Brake Over Ride System)
- Multi-angle rear view camera with guidelines – Only in VX grade
GRADES & COLOURS
The Honda WR-V is offered in two grades S and VX in both Petrol and Diesel variants.
The Honda WR-V is available with a choice of 6 color options: Premium Amber Metallic (New), Modern Steel Metallic, White Orchid Pearl, Carnelian Red Pearl, Alabaster Silver Metallic and Golden Brown Metallic
SALES, SERVICE AND WARRANTY
Deliveries of the Honda WR-V will begin immediately from the HCIL dealer network of 336 facilities in 224 cities across the country. The Honda WR-V will offer complete peace of mind with 3 years / Unlimited Kilometers warranty as standard benefit to the customer. Additionally, customers can opt for Extended Warranty for additional two years / Unlimited kilometers for extra peace of mind.
Price (Ex-showroom Delhi)
|Variant||Price in INR|
|Diesel VX MT||9,99,900|
|Diesel S MT||8,79,000|
|Petrol VX MT||8,99,000|
|Petrol S MT||7,75,000|
ABOUT HONDA CARS INDIA LTD
Honda Cars India Ltd., (HCIL) leading manufacturer of passenger cars in India was established in December 1995 with a commitment to provide Honda’s latest passenger car models and technologies, to the Indian customers. HCIL has two state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities at Greater Noida, U.P and Tapukara, Distt. Alwar, Rajasthan.
The company’s product range includes Honda Brio, Honda Jazz, Honda WR-V, Honda Amaze, Honda Mobilio, Honda City, Honda BR-V and the Honda CR-V – which are manufactured in India. The Accord Hybrid is being sold as a CBU imported from Thailand. Honda’s models are strongly associated with advanced design and technology, apart from its established qualities of durability, reliability and fuel-efficiency. The company has a strong sales and distribution network with 336 facilities in 224 cities across spread across the country.