- Sculpted & powered to perfection, the all-new Fortuner gets tougher with a stylish new design & luxurious features
- Available in an all-new 8 L diesel engine with a new 6-speed automatic & 6-speed manual transmission
- Also available for the first time, new 2.7 L petrol engine with an all-new 6-speed automatic & 5-speed manual transmission
- New Fortuner equipped with a range of safety features including 7 SRS airbags standardized across all grades
- New developed Frame with enhanced rigidity comes equipped with HAC, DAC and A-TRC for superior off-road performance
- Priced competitively, the all-new Fortuner is available in the following grades (ex-showroom Delhi):
After the successful launch of the all new Fortuner last week, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has organized an experiential drive camp to give a first-hand experience of the new Fortuner’s on-road and off-road prowess to its customers.
Scheduled to last for ten days, the Fortuner Experiential Drive Camp began on 11th November, 2016 in three major cities of Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. Through this camp, Toyota will be able to offer close to 1500 existing Fortuner customers an experience of the new SUV’s off-roading capabilities while driving it on off-roading terrains like steep inclines, descents, slush, deep water and some articulation.
Sharing his thoughts on the camp, Mr. N. Raja, Director & Senior Vice President (Sales & Marketing), Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd said, “Ever since its launch in 2009 in India, the Fortuner has enjoyed immense popularity as an SUV for both its on-road as well as off-roading capabilities. As a company, Toyota believes in constantly studying the market and enhancing our products basis the customer feedback that we receive. In the case of the Fortuner, we discovered that our customers find value in the pride of owning a vehicle with full-fledged 4WD capability which can also be used for smooth city driving. In addition to the newly developed frame structure that delivers exceptional toughness we loaded the new Fortuner with features like Hill Start Assist Control (HAC), Downhill Assist Control (DAC) and Active Traction Control (A-TRC) among others features.
We also wanted our existing and potential Fortuner customers to experience the on and off-roading capabilities of the new Fortuner in a special set up which allows them to drive on an all-terrain track full of steep inclines and descents, slush and deep water. We are certain that the new Fortuner’s enhanced all-terrain capabilities will satisfy even the most demanding customer. We are confident that in the new Fortuner, customers will find value and prestige that goes beyond their expectations,” continued Mr. N. Raja.
The 2nd generation Fortuner with its tough and cool design comes loaded with enormous power, exceptional ride comfort, premium features and top-class safety & security was launched on the 7th November.
The New Fortuner comes with a new 2.8 L diesel engine with an All-New 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with sequential & paddle shifters and a new 2.7 L petrol engine. The all new Fortuner gives reassuring performance of 177 PS and 450 Nm torque for the 2.8 L 6 speed automatic transmission. It is also available with a refined 2.7 L petrol engine generating a performance of 166 PS & 245 Nm.
It is also equipped with a comprehensive and technically advanced range of safety features that offer advanced toughness that goes beyond just physical durability of the car. Available in two brand new colors- Phantom Brown and Avant Garde Bronze, the all-new Fortuner will continue to be available in the existing five colours- Super White, Attitude Black, Grey, Silver Metallic & Pearl White.
- All-new power packed 2.8 L diesel engine available with a new 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential & paddle shift & a new 6-speed manual transmission
- New 2.7 L petrol engine with an all-new 6-speed automatic & 5-speed manual transmission
- Newly developed frame structure that delivers exceptional torsional & bending rigidity even in the harshest environments
- New suspension enhances ride comfort, through straight-line stability, controllability, handle response & advanced damping technology
- Newly adopted Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) & Downhill Assist Control (DAC)
- Electronic drive control
- Eco & Power drive modes
- Newly adopted Active Traction Control (A-TRC)
Safety & Security features
- Impact absorbing structure with pedestrian protection support
- 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist (BA)
- 7 SRS airbags
- Vehicle stability control (VSC)
- Speed auto lock with emergency unlock
- WIL-Safe (Whiplash Injury Lessening) front seats
- ISOFIX Child Seat Mount and Tether Anchor
- All row three point ELR (Emergency Locking Retractor) seatbelts with Pre Tensioner & Force Limiter (PT/FL) in front row
Stylish Exterior features
- New Exterior design: Tough & Cool
- New tough & wide imposing grille
- Auto Bi-beam LED with DRLs
- Smart entry with push start
- New tough & urban alloy designs (17” & 18”)
- Chromium finished surround window beltline
- Fully automatic power back door with height adjust memory & jam protection
- LED rear combination lamps with aerofins
- Available in two brand new colours: Phantom Brown Metallic and Avant Garde Bronze
Luxurious Interior features
- New Interior Design: Tough and Gorgeous interiors wrapped in soft upholstery, metallic accents & wood-grain patterned ornamentation
- New 7” tablet inspired touch screen Infotainment with Navigation
- New dark brown interiors
- LED coordinated cabin lights
- New optitron cool blue combimeter with large TFT multi-info display
- Second row one touch tumble seats
- Cooled upper glove box
- Tilt & telescopic steering column
- Park assist with back monitor & rear sensors