- Castrol Activ will aim to invest up to Rs 50 lakh for upskilling mechanics, contributing Rs. 10 for every pledge received to #ProtectIndiasEngine
- A national initiative to support the mechanic community endorsed by actor Ayushmann Khurrana
- Youth can pledge their support by giving a missed call on 7574-003-002 or by visiting protectindiasengine.com
Mumbai, 10 September 2020:India, one of the largest two-wheeler markets in the world, has been kept moving by its bike doctors – the mechanic community. Castrol Activ, India’s leading engine oil brand for two-wheelers, which enjoys a deep relationship with this community, today launched #ProtectIndiasEngine. This is a national campaign to urge India’s bikers, more specifically the youth to pledge support to mechanic upskilling programmes during these unprecedented times of the continuing COVID pandemic.
Conceptualised and developed in collaboration with Network18 and Mindshare, the initiative endorsed by Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana is aimed at educating and preparing mechanics for the new normal, as the country slowly begins to open up post lockdown.
Castrol Activ will invest up to Rs. 50 lakh contributing Rs 10 for every pledge received towards upskilling of mechanics. The educational programmes will focus on supporting them to learn new technologies and modern servicing techniques as well as to gain a deeper understanding of enhanced health, hygiene and safety measures for their workshops as they restart the business. Youth can pledge their support by giving a missed call on 7574-003-002 or by visiting www.protectindiasengine.com. The campaign will run across all Network18 channels and digital platforms from 10th September 2020 till the end of the month.
Talking about this initiative, Sandeep Sangwan, managing director – Castrol India said, “Mechanics have helped the country to keep moving ahead even during the lockdown. There were several selfless mechanics who played their role as Covid warriors servicing vehicles at no charge, despite their businesses being significantly impacted. Saluting their passion and strengthening our commitment towards the mechanic community, at Castrol we are keen to prepare them for a bigger tomorrow and support their transition to the new normal through Castrol Activ #ProtectIndiasEngine.”
View this post on Instagram
Join me in pledging your support to #ProtectIndiasEngine, an initiative by Castrol Activ and Network18. For each pledge received, Castrol will contribute INR10 with a total contribution of upto 50 lakhs towards training, upskilling and engaging the mechanics for a better tomorrow. Let us all do our bit to motivate our mechanics by giving a missed call on 7574-003-002 or log on to www.protectindiasengine.com Come on India, together let us help them keep moving ahead #NonStop @castrolcricket @cnnnews18
In the launch film of Castrol Activ’s #ProtectIndiasEngine campaign, Ayushmann Khurranareminisces,“Biking has not only been a passion but also played a very important role in the start of my career with Roadies. Across the show, during my struggling days and even today, mechanics have always been lifesavers for me. Their contribution may go unnoticed often but it’s this community that young riders like me count on to stay mobile and help achieve our dreams. I’ve even built some lifelong relationships with some who I have known since my younger days. Unfortunately, given today’s unprecedented situation, our beloved mechanics are going through tough times. It’s our chance to give back and show them our gratitude. I urge all of India to pledge to a better tomorrow for our mechanics and help #ProtectIndia’sEngine.”
Castrol India’s continued commitment to mechanics
- Castrol Eklavya CSR initiative (ongoing) – a comprehensive mechanic skill development curriculum benefitted over two lakh mechanics to date. It comprises of practical training, life-skills, business skills and financial literacy.
- Castrol Super Mechanic Online Academy (2020) – provides mechanics an opportunity to upskill themselves virtually through educational videos and live webinar sessions by experts.
- Castrol Fast Scan (2019) – a unique digital incentive platform for mechanics has over 1.5 lakh, active users. The platform enables instant redemption of rewards into their accounts.
- Castrol Super Mechanic initiative (2017) – helps hone mechanics’ skills and recognizes them by showcasing their knowledge and talent on a public platform. In alliance with Automotive Skills Development Council, Castrol reached out to over two lakh mechanics in 20 cities during the Super Mechanic initiative in 2019
Castrol India’s support to mechanics during Covid pandemic
As a responsible corporate citizen, Castrol India has supported several hospitals, truck drivers, policemen, garbage collectors, migrant labourers and daily wage earners, as part of the country-wide response and has allocated Rs 11.5 crores from our CSR budget towards this.
For mechanics we have offered
- Support through our pan-India outreach to help them and their families tide over the periods of reduced activity with a small monetary contribution to 62,000 mechanics.
- Complimentary lubricants across the country through select channels to service vehicles belonging to essential service workers
- Free sanitization drives and kits to independent workshops as they restart business post lockdown.
About Castrol India
Castrol, is one of the world’s leading lubricant brands and has a proud heritage of innovation and fuelling the dreams of pioneers. Castrol India Limited is one of India’s leading lubricants company and has established itself as a pioneer and innovator in the Indian lubricants industry. Its iconic brands such as Castrol CRB, Castrol GTX, and in more recent times power brands like Castrol Activ, Castrol MAGNATEC and Castrol VECTON, are used by millions of consumers and customers across the country. The company also has a presence in select segments like High Performance Lubricants and metalworking fluids in industries as varied as automotive manufacturing to mining to machinery and wind & energy.
Castrol India has a large manufacturing and distribution network in India with three manufacturing plants and a distribution network of 350 distributors who sell to consumers and customers through over 100,000 retail outlets. Castrol sub-distributors also reach additional outlets in rural markets whilst Castrol India also directly services over 3,000 key institutional accounts.
Besides providing world class products and services, Castrol India is focused on safety, compliance and quality as its number one priority.