Automation Drive will enable clients to orchestrate new ways of working, embedding automation across the organization within IT, processes and applications to realize significant business value
Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, today announced the launch of Automation Drive, a unified suite of automation services designed to help clients enhance efficiency, productivity, quality and agility at a reduced cost to the business. The suite brings together the capabilities of automation experts across Capgemini, as well as four major Centers of Excellence (CoE) acting as automation hubs.
Consolidating Capgemini’s innovative Automation services, tools and digital transformation expertise under one unified suite, provides enterprises with an end to end solution that can be integrated into every process and application, to allow increased competitiveness and profitability across their business and operations.
Patrick Nicolet, Group Executive Board Member, Competitiveness and India at Capgemini said: “Our consolidated approach to enabling automation delivers quality and efficiency gains that result in numerous business outcomes, which can translate into new sources of revenue, actionable insights, reduced time to market and lower costs.”
Automation cuts release cycles from months to minutes at Kadaster in the Netherlands
Capgemini delivers several Enterprise Integrated Platform as a Service (EIPaaS) offerings to Kadaster, the Dutch Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency. This has enabled Kadaster to transform into an Agile DevOps organization. Currently, more than 80% of Kadaster’s full workload is running on services delivered by this Professional Linux Platform. The Solution is fully automated and contains central logging and monitoring with self-service use:
Charl Vermeer, IT Manager for architecture and innovation at Kadaster says: “Automation technology has been a key enabler for our transformation into an Agile DevOps organization. Release cycle times went from 6-9 months to minutes when required. The zero-maintenance systems management is fully automated. This has not only resulted in a higher availability of key production applications and improved application quality, but also in an enhanced end user experience and satisfaction.”
The Automation Drive Suite consists of three established components plus four CoEs with automation expertise that include strategy innovation, application services, business services, as well as infrastructure and cloud services, allowing organizations to realize the business benefits of trusted technologies, tools and processes.
The suite’s three components are:
- The Automation Drive Framework, an index style methodology that supports clients by defining tangible business outcomes. It includes monitoring, robotics and orchestration services right through to advanced artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, cognition and fully autonomous services. Example business benefits include:
- an improvement in release cycle times through a continuous DevOps program;
- a reduction in incidents and faster incident resolution thanks to Application Performance Monitoring (APM) which in turn results in improved application quality, end-user experience and ultimately customer satisfaction;
- an improved ability to plan inventory and capture market demand through the automated use of big data and predictive analytics.
- The Automation Drive tools and IP: a range of leading-edge Capgemini automation tools and partner technologies, for agility and innovation in this fast evolving technology field.
- The Automation Drive services: a dynamic set of re-usable services that fuse automation into business and IT processes across the entire value chain.
Nicolet concludes: “Leveraging state of the art solutions from external partners and combining them with our own tools in a catalogue of services, secures a more precise and still dynamic delivery for enterprises. Our goal is to create the next generation of artificially intelligent solutions, which businesses can rely on to give them competitive advantage. Automation is not only a story of machines. It is an evolution of trust. Helping organizations to embark on a new journey of rethinking and reimagining the way they do business is a key component of Capgemini’s automation and competitiveness strategy.”
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.