The A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ consolidate the Three Pointed Star’s new generation cars line-up
- The A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ are luxury compacts that provide luxury and performance for the New Generation customers
- With these products, Mercedes-Benz further strengthens the appeal for its New Generation Cars portfolio
- Night Package including striking exterior features in black, lending the vehicles an even sportier and expressive character
- The Urban equipment line underscores the sportiness of the vehicle with selected equipment like the 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, exterior mirrors through to the beltline trim strip and twin exhaust look
- Diamond radiator grille with louvre in high-gloss black and chrome insert
- Peppy Performance: The A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ feature a 1.6 Litre petrol engine that churns out 90 kW (122 hp) and 200 Nm of torque available at as low as 1250 rpm | a 2.0 Litre Diesel mill churns out 100 kW (136 hp) and 300 Nm of torque as low as 1400 rpm
- DYNAMIC SELECT with 3 drive modes: Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individua
- 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission (7G-DCT) The dual clutch transmission combines the comfort of a 7-speed automatic transmission with the driving dynamics of a manual transmission
- 8-inch Media Display – Larger and more brilliant in colours than the previous standard display
- Smartphone Integration Package including Android Auto and Apple CarPlay™
- The A-Class and B-Class Night Edition will have only 100 exclusive units each for India
- The Mercedes-Benz A 180 is priced at INR 27.31 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Pune) and the A 200 d is priced at INR 28.32 lakhs | The Mercedes-Benz B 180 is priced at INR 29.34 lakhs and the B-Class 200 d is priced at INR 30.35 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Pune)
Pune: The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today strengthened its New Generation Cars portfolio by launching two stunning luxury compacts – the A-Class and the B-Class ‘Night Edition’. With the launch of these splendid luxury compacts, Mercedes-Benz India offers a versatile range of products aimed at the young, successful and dynamic customer base, which has increasingly been preferring a Mercedes-Benz. These new generation cars (NGC) personify the brand’s hallmark emotive appeal of sporty performance and enhanced comfort. The A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ are designed for the ‘go getters’ who believe in arriving in style wherever they go. The A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ was launched by Roland Folger, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Roland Folger, MD & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “We are glad to remain the most preferred luxury car brand in India and we begin this year in style, by launching two products in the segment we have pioneered, ‘compact luxury’. The trendy and fashionable A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’ are a synthesis of youthful design that emulates modern luxury without compromising on performance. We believe our New Generation Cars play a key role in attracting dynamic, affluent and young Indians to the brand and this success story will be further amplified by the launch of the ‘Night Edition’ variants.
Mr. Folger further added, “As the most progressive models in the compact luxury segment, the A-Class and B-Class have been instrumental in making brand Mercedes-Benz more youthful. Both these cars truly embody the changing preference of the youth in today’s social milieu, which increasingly prefer compact luxury. With the new A-Class and B-Class ‘Night Edition’, we have just raised the bar even higher for this popular segment. We are confident that these stunning compact luxury vehicles will remain the first choice for those customers, who desire sporty design, topnotch interior coupled with class leading performance, world-class infotainment system and uncompromised safety features.”
7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission (7G-DCT): The dual clutch transmission combines the comfort of a 7-speed automatic transmission with the driving dynamics of a manual transmission. The 7G-DCT consists of two sub-transmissions, one of which transfers the tractive power to the wheels while the other is pre-selecting the next gear. This leads to fast, smooth gear changing without any interruptions in tractive power and results in improved acceleration.
A-Class Night Edition:
Expressive Exterior of the A-Class ‘Night Edition’ with Night Package
Striking lines, dynamically curved surfaces and coupé-like window lines characterize the new exterior of the A-Class, following the design philosophy of sensuous clarity. The Night package offers striking exterior features to lend the vehicle an expressive sporty character. Selected design elements in black, including the exterior mirrors, the high-sheen 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels, the high-gloss beltline trim strips and the high-gloss trim in the front bumper and rear bumper.
Sporty Interior of the A-Class ‘Night Edition’ with Night Package
The new A-Class ‘Night Edition’s high-quality interior has been upgraded with plenty of attention to detail which enhances its sporty look and feel. Contours, surface finishes and materials combine to create a harmonious whole which delights both the eye and the sense of touch.
The new A-Class is equipped with a leather wrapped multifunction steering wheel featuring a 3-spoke design with 12 function buttons as well as a shift lever in leather. As part of the Urban package, the ARTICO man-made leather and fabric sport seats assure seating comfort while at the same time giving the interior a sporty touch.
Key Elements of the A-Class and B-Class “Night Edition”
- Smartphone Integration Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- 8-inch Media Display
- Diamond radiator grille with louvre in high-gloss black and chrome insert
- “Night Edition” Badge
- Black Mirror Housing
- Black Hub Cabs
Overview of the Urban Package:
- Dynamic exterior highlights, including a black diamond radiator grille with one black-painted louvre and chrome insert, 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke alloy wheels and a two-pipe exhaust system with chrome-plated tailpipe trim
- Sporty interior character conjured up by items such as sports seats with contrasting topstitching, seat cushion length adjustment, a multifunction steering wheel in leather with perforations in the grip area and a tube-look instrument cluster with silver-coloured round dials in chequered-flag look and red needles
- High Gloss Black trim on the front and rear bumpers
8-inch Media Display
An even larger, brilliant colour display is offered by this frameless, free-standing 8-inch media display. The screen diagonal of 20.3 cm (8 inches) is 2.5 cm (1 inch) larger than the standard display.
Smartphone Integration Package
With this feature using Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto, compatible smartphones with the corresponding operating system can be integrated into the vehicle and operate them by voice control, for example. The system supports the major applications and selected apps including navigation.
B-Class ‘Night Edition’:
Expressive Exterior of the B-Class ‘Night Edition’ with Night Package
The Night package offers striking exterior features to lend the vehicle an expressive sporty character. These include selected design features in black – from the light-alloy wheels and exterior mirrors through to the beltline trim strip. Selected design elements in black, includes the exterior mirrors, the high-sheen 43.2 cm (17-inch) 5-spoke light-alloy wheels, the high-gloss beltline trim strips and the high-gloss black trims on the front bumper and rear bumper.
Impressive Interior of the B-Class ‘Night Edition’ with Night Package
The facelift gives the vehicle a more exclusive, up-to-date feel. The new B-Class comes with stylishly coordinated combination of high-quality appointments and materials. The multifunction steering wheel features a 3-spoke design with shift paddles. The interior for the new B-Class adds individuality that gives the vehicle a self-assured, distinctive character. The new B-Class seats feature comfortable upholstery and ergonomic contours. As part of the Urban package, the ARTICO man-made leather seats assure seating comfort while at the same time giving the interior a sporty touch. Attractive seats covered in full ARTICO leather, exude a sense of modernity. Seats in the rear comes with 60/40 splits which allows more storage space (488 to 1547 litres)
Uncompromised Safety features and Driving Assistance systems
- Reversing Camera | ESP®, ABS, BAS | High structural safety of the body-shell
- 6 airbags and other restraint systems provide the best possible protection
- ATTENTION ASSIST | 5 star rating from EURO NCAP
About Mercedes-Benz India:
Established in 1994, Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. pioneered the luxury car market in India and boasts of more than 130 years of cutting edge innovation in the luxury automobile industry globally. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz India’s world class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune. Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. The production facility now carries an investment of INR 1000+ crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury car maker in India.
Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced Mercedes Maybach S 500, S-Class, E-Class, C-Class, CLA luxury sedans and the GLA, GLE and the GLS luxury SUVs. The CKD GLC is the 9th product added to Mercedes-Benz’s local production portfolio. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the A-Class, B-Class, CLS, E-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Coupé, GLC and the S 600 Guard a range of other Guard vehicles etc. The product portfolio also comprises the iconic off-roader Mercedes-AMG G 63 as well as a wide range of other Mercedes-AMG performance cars like the AMG CLA 45, AMG C 63 S, AMG S 63 Coupe, AMG GL 63, AMG S 63, AMG GLA 45, GLE 450 AMG Coupe, AMG GT S sports car and the AMG SLC 43.
Mercedes-Benz India registered annual sale of 13231 units in the January–December 2016 period facing multiple market challenges. In 2017, ‘One Team, One Goal’ will be Mercedes-Benz’s philosophy, towards achieving best customer experience. The company will have fascinating product introductions, innovative luxury retail experience, value driven finance programmes and innovative after-sales service experiences. With ‘One Team, One Goal’ philosophy, Mercedes-Benz India will continue the ‘winning’ momentum it has created for itself in the diverse Indian market.