|Financial Results: Q2 (Jul-Sep), FY’17||Financial Results: H1 (Apr-Sep), FY’17|
· Highest-ever quarterly sales: 18,23,498 units [robust double digit growth of 15.8% over corresponding period last year (Jul’15-Sep’15: 15,74,861 units)]
· Gross turnover (Gross sales and other operating income) Rs.8,448.74 Crore (15.0% growth over the corresponding period last year)
· Earnings Before Interest, Depreciation, Tax & Amortization (EBIDTA) for the Quarter stood at Rs. 1368.87 Crore reflecting 16.20%. EBITDA margin (vs. 14.91% for the corresponding period last year); EBIDTA margins based on Net Revenue (Gross turnover less excise duty thereon) stood at 17.56% (vs. 16.09% for the corresponding period last year)· Profit Before Tax (PBT) at Rs. 1400.43 Crore and Net Profit After Tax (PAT) stands at Rs.1004.22 Crore· Total comprehensive income stood at Rs.994.72 Crore (vs. Rs. 785.19 Crore for the corresponding period last year)
|· Highest-ever half-yearly sales: 35,68,887 units [strong double digit growth of 10.8% over corresponding period last year (Apr’15-Sep’15: 32,20,728 units)]
• Gross turnover (Gross sales and other operating income) Rs.16,459.40 Crore (11.3% growth over the corresponding period last year)
· Earnings Before Interest, Depreciation, Tax & Amortization (EBIDTA) for the Quarter stood at Rs.2598.95 Crore reflecting 15.79% EBITDA margin (vs. 14.46% for the corresponding period last year); EBIDTA margins based on Net Revenue (Gross turnover less excise duty thereon) stood at 17.10% (vs. 15.59% for the corresponding period last year)· Profit Before Tax (PBT) at Rs. 2634.15 Crore and Net Profit After Tax (PAT) stand at Rs.1887.32 Crore· Total comprehensive income stood at Rs.1876.80 Crore (vs. Rs.1531.82 Crore for the corresponding period last year)
Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL), the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, today reported its best-ever sales as well as financial performance for the second quarter (July–September 2016) and half year (April-September 2016) of FY’17.
Riding on its highest-ever sales of 18,23,498 units in a quarter, the Company registered a Gross turnover (Gross Sales & other Operating Income) of Rs 8448.74 crore and highest-ever net profit after tax (PAT) of Rs 1004.22 Crore during the period. The Gross total turnover in the corresponding quarter previous fiscal (July-September 2015 of FY’16) stood at Rs. 7346.47 Crore and PAT of Rs.786.12 Crore. Hero MotoCorp had sold 15,74,861 units in the corresponding quarter of FY’16.
The EBIDTA margin improved to its highest-ever 16.20 %, as against 14.91% over the corresponding Quarter aided by softer commodities and cost control measures (LEAP)
Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Hero MotoCorp, said “The second quarter of this fiscal has been a defining phase in the journey of our young brand. The highest-ever volume sales during the quarter is a reiteration of the overwhelming customer preference of our products, and a testimony to our market leadership. At the same time, we have also delivered on our commitment of further strengthening our profitability by crossing the threshold Rs 1000 crore in PAT for the first time in a quarter. We continue to have an unwavering focus on exceeding customer expectations, as demonstrated by the launch of Splendor iSmart 110 – the first motorcycle designed and developed by our R&D team based at the Centre of Innovation & Technology (CIT) in Jaipur. The launch of this bike during the quarter is a strong statement on the immense progress we have made in rapidly scaling up our in-house R&D capabilities.
“The domestic market has seen a revival in the past two quarters due to an above- average monsoon and positive consumer sentiment. The trend is expected to continue through the year and likely to result in double-digit growth for the industry. In the global markets, however, the industry continues to face headwinds due to volatile business environment driven by continued weakness in crude prices and sharp depreciation of local currencies.”
|Product Launches||· Splendor iSmart 110 – has received positive initial response from customers· Achiever 150 – focusing on the premium segment|
|SalesMilestones||· Achieved 70 million cumulative sales mark in September· Highest-ever monthly sales (6,74,961) achieved in September· Six-lakh plus sales achieved in two of the three months in Q2 – September (6,74,961) and August (6,16,424)· Glamour consolidates its position as the largest-selling 125cc motorcycle in the country during the first half of the fiscal|
|Sports||· British Masters – extended association with Golf on the global stage by associating with the British Masters|