- The ŠKODA Monte Carlo debuts in India at ex-showroom price of INR 10.75 lakhs
- The car is accentuated by Sporty Black Front Grille, 16” Dual tone Black Alloy wheels, Dynamic Black Roof, Elegant Black Tailgate Spoiler and Black Grained Diffuser
- Interiors are inspired by ŠKODA’s motorsport heritage with a New Super Sports Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, New Red and Black Leatherette Monte Carlo trademark seats, Black Interior Decor, Ribbed sporty stainless steel Foot Pedals and all black Dashboard
- Presenting ‘Drive’ – the state-of-the-art 6.5 inch, Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System with SmartLink™ technology that is compatible with MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Mumbai, 21th August, 2017: ŠKODA AUTO India introduces the Monte Carlo at an attractive Ex-showroom price of Rs 10.75/- lakhs. The Monte Carlo follows ŠKODA’s claim of ‘One Nation. One Price’ and is inspired from ŠKODA‘s long heritage of motorsports. The Monte Carlo will be available in two select dual- colour options: Flash Red with black roof and Candy White with black roof.
Commenting on the launch of the Monte Carlo, Mr Ashutosh Dixit – Director: Sales, Service & Marketing, ŠKODA AUTO India, said, and “The new Monte Carlo is an integral part of our model offensive strategy in India. The Monte Carlo offers a compelling combination of the brand’s emotional design, exquisite interiors, and host of convenience features, leading safety as well as intelligent connectivity features. The Monte Carlo is positioned at the top end of the segment and is targeted at the discerning customer who wants a premium experience.”
Emotionally appealing design
The strong, sporty design embraces clean cuts and modern crystalline appearance that resonates with the ŠKODA’s new design legacy. The design of the Monte Carlo can be best described as unique and timeless. Black design features underline its dynamic appearance. The black radiator grille and the black wing mirror housings along with the rear black tailgate spoiler further accentuate the sportiness of the car. The ŠKODA MONTE CARLO features dual tone 16-inch alloy wheels and the rear black grained diffuser enhances the car’s sporty character. A MONTE CARLO badge features on each of the B-pillars.
The interior of the MONTE CARLO pays homage to ŠKODA’s Motor Sport heritage and has a unique sporty appearance. The 3-spoke super sports flat bottom steering wheel is covered in black perforated leather and red decorative stitching. The gearstick knob also comes in black leather with red, decorative stitching. The driver and passengers sit on special sporty Monte Carlo leatherette seats in a black/red design with grey vertical stripes. The front door sill bears the Monte Carlo lettering and the black floor mats feature black, decorative stitching. The ribbed stainless steel pedals and sporty graphic instrument cluster further add to the overall sporty experience.
Engines and Transmission:
The Monte Carlo will come with new-generation petrol and diesel engines from the Rapid’s model range. The 1.5 litre TDI produces 110PS (81kW) of power and a torque output of 250 Nm while delivering fuel efficiency of 21.72 kmpl (DSG) and 21.13 kmpl (MT). The 1.6 litre MPI or the Multi- point Injection engine is at the heart of the Rapid’s Petrol Variant. With Dual Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) 16 valves, it delivers 105 PS (77kW) of power and a peak torque output of 153Nm while delivering fuel efficiency figures of 15.41 kmpl (MT) and 14.84 kmpl (AT). The DSG transmission with Sport mode and Tiptronics will leave you overwhelmed.
Safety, Comfort and Convenience
Standard equipment in the Monte Carlo range includes a wide range of safety features, such as the ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), daytime running lights, five three-point seat belts and two- airbags. In addition, ESC (Electronic Stability Control) is available in DSG variant and Hill Hold Control is available in both AT Petrol and AT Diesel variants.
A host of supporting functions include Parktonic Rear Parking Sensors, Automatically dimming rear view mirror and One Touch Anti Pinch technology for windows. In addition, the comfort features available are a central locking system with remote control; a multifunctional display; height- adjustable driver and front passenger seats; and storage pockets on the back of the front seats. It will also come with revolutionary Climatronic technology along with adjustable dual rear AC vents thus making the car your utopia of comfort.
The plethora of features don’t end here. The Monte Carlo surprises you with an intelligent Rain Sensing Wiper system; the technology intuitively activates itself on detecting rain and adjusts the wiper’s frequency. The built-in cruise control, adjustable headrests and foldable armrests, thoughtfully cooled glove box, rear view camera and leading leg room make the Monte Carlo even more compelling.
Infotainment and ŠKODA Connect: Stay Connected
Presenting ‘Drive’ – the state-of-the-art 6.5 inch, Colour Touchscreen Central Infotainment System in the Monte Carlo – to give your drive the experience it deserves. ‘Drive’ comes equipped with SmartLink™ technology which will help you control selected apps like navigation straight on the infotainment screen and ensure seamless connectivity with your smartphone to keep you connected on the go, while also supporting USB/Aux-in/Bluetooth/SD Card options. All the installed applications are certified as safe for vehicles and are compatible with MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Storage & Space:
The ample room available in the interior and luggage space is a major feature of Monte Carlo and is able to carry up to five people with ease. With interior width of 1,428 mm, there is plenty of legroom on the rear seats. The Monte Carlo boasts of a 460L boot space and other intelligent storage solutions with bottle holders in the doors, storage compartment under front Centre armrest and cup holders in front as well as rear.
New Monte Carlo
Price Ex – showroom
|1.6 MPI MT||1,075,347 INR|
|1.6 MPI AT||1,197,672 INR|
|1.5 TDI MT||1,246,096 INR|
|1.5 TDI AT||1,357,709 INR|
ŠKODA AUTO India:
- Has been operating in India since November 2001 as a subsidiary of ŠKODA AUTO a. s. Czech Republic which is one of the oldest automobile companies in the world with its headquarter in Mladá Boleslav
- ŠKODA AUTO India has 3 models on sale in India – ŠKODA Superb, ŠKODA OCTAIVIA, and the ŠKODA
- ŠKODA AUTO India has a network of 67 sales and 68 service outlets across the country and has sold over 241,143 units since November 2001
- It has set up a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Shendra near Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- For more information please visit www.ŠKODA -auto.co.in
- ŠKODA FB Page – https://facebook.com/ŠKODA India
- ŠKODA marketing twitter Handle – https://twitter.com/ŠKODA India
- ŠKODA corporate communications twitter Handle – https://twitter.com/ŠKODA India_PR