AMG C 43 4MATIC is the first saloon introduced with the ‘43’ nomenclature | The third product to have the ’43 AMG’ nomenclature
- The AMG C 43 4MATIC is the 13th product launched by Mercedes-Benz India in 2016
- The launch of the AMG C 43 4MATIC further consolidates Mercedes-Benz India’s performance cars portfolio
- Performance Guaranteed: The AMG C 43 4MATIC features a 3.0 Litre V6 Bi-turbo petrol engine that churns out 270 kW (367 hp) and 520 Nm of torque available at as low as 2000 rpm | 0 – 100 in just 4.7 seconds
- DYNAMIC SELECT with 5 four drive modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport +, Eco & Individual
- Motorized by the 9G-TRONIC transmission, the AMG C 43 4MATIC ensures rapid gear shifts, in turn enhancing the driving performance without compromising on fuel efficiency
- AMG Bodystyling for sportier exterior design
- AMG sports suspension and sports exhaust system
- AMG Performance 4MATIC permanent all-wheel-drive system
- Dynamic LED headlights with Intelligent Light System
- Parking package including Parking Assist PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
- AMG instrument cluster with 2 tubular dial instruments with 13.97 cm (5.5-inch) multifunction display, AMG main menu including RACE TIMER and 280 km/h scale with “chequered flag” design
- The Mercedes-Benz AMG C43 4MATIC is priced at Rs. 74.35 lakhs (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
The country’s largest luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today strengthened its AMG portfolio by driving in the powerful AMG C 43 4MATIC. With the launch of this sensational saloon, Mercedes-Benz introduced the third product with the ’43 AMG’ nomenclature for the Indian market. Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC personifies the Mercedes-AMG brand’s hallmark emotive appeal and enticing performance for enthusiasts and technology aficionados, who are in pursuit of excellent driving performance, for all day use. The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC complements the C-Class range by another sports build of Mercedes-AMG origin. The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC was launched by Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India.
Michael Jopp, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India said, “The introduction of the AMG C43 follows our successful product strategy, which emphasizes on gradually building up the ‘AMG 43’ portfolio in India. With this sportscar, Mercedes-Benz India now extends the AMG brand promise of ‘Driving Performance’ and the typical AMG character traits, to an even broader target group. The new AMG C 43 4MATIC expands the product range of the performance and sports car brand of Mercedes-Benz with yet another new 43 AMG model. With the launch of this performance saloon, Mercedes-Benz India continues to offer the widest range of performance and specialty cars in the luxury car segment.”
Mr. Jopp further added, “The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC is fascination of motor racing in everyday life. Its exterior beauty is further amplified by the immersive and sporty interiors. In 2016, we have already introduced a diverse range of never seen before cars for the Indian market, which has been fascinating and delighting our customers. The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC is the 6th car launched in India this year without a predecessor. This further underscores our strategy of continuously innovating and indulging our patrons with world-class products and services.”
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC
|Performance Data||Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC|
|Number of valves per cylinder||4|
|Power (kW [hp] @ rpm)||270 /5,500 – 6,000|
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)||520 @2,000 – 4,200|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||4.7 sec|
|Top Speed (km/h)||250|
DYNAMIC SELECT allows the driver to choose their desired setting based on the driving patterns. To this end, the driver can select one of five transmission modes using the DYNAMIC SELECT switch: “ECO”, “Comfort”, “Sport”, “Sport +” and “Individual”.
9G-TRONIC Automatic Transmission: Featuring nine forward gears, this automatic transmission ensures rapid gear shifts, in turn enhancing the driving performance without compromising on fuel efficiency
AMG Performance 4MATIC
The performance-oriented all-wheel drive developed by Mercedes-AMG combines optimum traction, hallmark AMG driving dynamics and maximum driving pleasure. This is ensured by the clear torque distribution to the rear. Unlike in the standard model, Mercedes-AMG distributes the engine torque in a ratio of 31% to the front axle and 69% to the rear axle. In addition, AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive increases driving safety and traction on wet or wintry road surfaces.
AMG Ride Control Sports Suspension
The AMG sports suspension with independently developed AMG front and rear axle enables high cornering speeds and agile handling. All of the components are matched to provide high lateral acceleration, precise steering characteristics and a reduced body roll tendency.
AMG Sports Exhaust System
The sports exhaust system features an even sportier character and reinforces the emotional sound experience. The acoustics can be tailored to suit personal taste in conjunction with the DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes via the integrated exhaust flap.
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC conveys a strong presence even at a standstill. The sporty, striking exterior is based on the AMG Line exterior and is augmented with specific features, creating an even sportier and more individual appearance. The steep diamond radiator grille with chrome pins. With the louvre in black and chrome trim creates an emphatically expressive impression. AMG front apron with sporty, striking air intakes, diamond-pattern grilles and front splitter in silver chrome add to the appeal. The saloon features a 45.7 cm (18-inch) AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels painted in high-gloss black and with a high-sheen finish. “BITURBO 4MATIC” lettering on the front wings is standard. The Mercedes-AMG C 43 4MATIC finalizes its sporty look at the rear end with the signature AMG twin-tailpipe design, giving a first taste of what to expect as soon as the engine starts. The model plates decorating the boot lid on its left and right manifest the Saloon’s racing origin.
The interior greets the driver with an authentic sports car atmosphere, created by the synergy of the multifunction sports steering wheel, sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather with enhanced lateral support and an AMG instrument cluster. The 43-
series typical red topstitching stresses the exclusivity of the AMG brand. 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in black nappa leather with red topstitching, flattened bottom section, heavily embossed in grip area, with DIRECT SELECT steering wheel shift paddles and steering wheel bezel in silver chrome. Red topstitching on the upper part of the dashboard, beltline, door centre panels and armrests in ARTICO man-made leather is a typical feature of the 43-series models. It features the AMG instrument cluster with 2 tubular dial instruments with 13.97 cm (5.5-inch) multifunction display, AMG main menu including RACE TIMER and 280 km/h scale with “chequered flag” design. It also features Designo red seat belts, coloured seat belts can be deselected if required.
AMG Sport Seats
The sports seats in ARTICO man-made leather/DINAMICA microfiber with red contrast topstitching along with AMG-specific seat upholstery layout are implying typical AMG sportiness. More contouring and higher seat side bolsters at the front provide optimized lateral support and brace the passengers during dynamic cornering. The car is also equipped with designo seats belts in red adding to the overall sporty appeal.
Comfort and Convenience
Garmin® MAP PILOT
User-friendly navigation, precise map data and excellent route guidance – the Garmin® MAP PILOT brings all the familiar benefits of a Garmin® navigation system to the Audio 20 CD. It is all done by simply inserting an SD card with navigation software and map data sets.
Safety and Driving Assistance
Parking Assist PARKTRONIC including Reversing Camera
- Active Parking Assist with PARKTRONIC and reversing camera
- Reduced strain on driver by helping to find a parking space
- Convenient entering and leaving of parking spaces thanks to active steering and brake actuation
- Parking possible also in small parking spaces and in several manoeuvres
LED Intelligent Light System
For the best possible visibility on country roads and motorways, when cornering and on bends, the LED Intelligent Light System automatically adapts to the lighting and
driving conditions. In addition to the striking look, LED technology features greater luminosity while producing less glare.
- The system is able to recognise critical driving situations as they develop, and initiate preventive occupant protection measures if an accident threatens. These include e.g. reversible belt tensioning or automatic closing of open side windows
- ESP®, ABS, BAS
- High structural safety of the body-shell, 7 airbags and other restraint systems provide the best possible protection
- Assistance systems such as ATTENTION ASSIST warn the driver, when it detects typical signs of drowsiness in his/her steering behavior.
- Other systems like tyre pressure monitoring system continuously monitors the inflation pressure of all four tyres
- These have ensured that the car has a 5 star rating from EURO NCAP